Gwen Harwood - The Violets (psuedonyms) (1 Viewer)

Claudia222

HSC
N/A
can someone PLEEAASSEE help me come up with a good reading for 'the violets'??? 2 is prefereable.. with examples etc. im SCREWED

trapped.569

HSC
ROMANTIC READING... constant references to the natural world... the reeoccurring motif of the violets... the whole poem celebrates the cycles within the natural world - such as life and death (which is also a reoccuring symbol/motif throughout majority of her poems) - and the human emotional connection with it.

samwell

HSC
Claudia222 said:
can someone PLEEAASSEE help me come up with a good reading for 'the violets'??? 2 is prefereable.. with examples etc. im SCREWED
Feminist Reading is quite relevant. The reference/implications of a patriachal society and the mother being a comforter{relating this to the Glass Jar}. This reading is mainly contextual as different times shape different intepretations of the same thing and the feminist reading is an important example.

Thematic: Childhood is a universal theme that recurrs through G.Harwood's poetry. An analysis of this theme would show a perhaps ironic representation of the theme of childhood innocence<argue if statement is inaccurate>

Thanks 4 ua qsn i better restudy the poem and refresh ideas.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)