haha...what u guys think? (1 Viewer)

sleepitigeress

HSC
That was easy...in all honesty i was expecting something slightly harder. but hey, thats ag for you. I was happy with it!

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Paper 1 was a breeze.. completely unchallenging but then again that's agriculture.

Paper 2 was unstandardised and very annoying imo.

(B) related to a prac for each elective, but for my electives they asked for "Data collection" and "Data presentation".. Grr... I'd rather Animal Management's discussion on randomisation.

As for (C)... Please take a look at the Sust. Land management question for a laugh.

"Evaluate the importance of management practices in causing land degradation"

W t f?

I think I wrote a decent response but really. Wtf?

sleepitigeress

HSC
Haha i agree with question C in sustainable land and resource management. Poorly written, i had to read it a few times before i began writing. Oh and also...in our exam...we were only given 55 mins for the second paper. haha some people were shitty.

nic56

Sheep Station (farm 4city ppl) 50 km NW of Wentwor
HSC
I was really annoyed because i didnt get to finish C of question two in paper two. The supervisors only gave us 55 minutes,geee i was angry.
Just ask kate (aka sleepitigeress).... Kate that post above was directed at me wasnt it????
Paper one was easier than i had expected, nothing too difficult at all. Was pleased with it.

Last edited:

adamsmart

HSC
yeah it was pretty good. does anyone actually know wtf we were supposed to write for part (c) in sustainable land.

suzieee

HSC
i liked paper 1... my whole class thought it was easy... paper 2 was ok. i did animal management and sustainable land and resource management... i didnt kile c in either of them. i was ok with the animal one in the exam, but my friend and i were talking about it after and i realised i wrote about SUBJECTIVE measurement, not objective measurement :( bubye band 6 :( and for the other elcetive c) i did a describe... not evaluate, then kinda added the evaluate part at the end.
oh well, one person in my class did an elective we didnt even do so that made me feel ok :)
We got an hour and 5 mins reading time... which was good since i was expecting to have our reading time included in the hour :)
but overall im pretty happy :)... except for question 2c... i cant believe i did that!!!
hope everyone went ok :)

fleafly

HSC
well paper one was the easiest one i have ever seen... it was so short compared to the other years.
paper 2 was a bit of an arse for plant managment "new plant genetic material"... WTF!!! but the whole importance thing in the land management question.. it aint wrong.. they use that terminology all the time when talking about weeds, ie what is the agricultural importance of weeds... or a weed. im glad we got those 6 mark questions on native pastures and animal breeding systems.. ahhhh............ nice way to go out. now i dont have to do ag til nex year. yippee.

fleafly

HSC
ajx said:
It was too much easy and i finished it in less than one hour. I think I am going to top the state in this exam, so don't be surprised when you see my face on the front cover of the smh paper.
I think they are not going to scale it bcz it was too eaaaaaaaaaaaasyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, i am a moon!!!!
2U maths was the hardest subject on earth.
geese ur a bit pretentious

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
"new plant genetic material"

As in the result of:

Genetic Engineering,
Any form of cross-breeding.

If you don't know what genetic material is then I don't think thats your biggest concern..... :p

colli-17

HSC
That paper was so good, I prepared perfectly for it, High marks for sure. I loved the section three in paper 1, I did question nine, The animal welfare and hormone question, I work on a feedlot so that was great, In paper 2 I did animal managment, C was so good in that section as it was refering to EBV's how good is that, And I also did Plant managment, Breeding resistance into cotton for round up ready crops, The case study of partial root zone drying and and farming techniques were perfect for answer C

I was so happy with that paper

How was anyone else, Except you ajx, No one cares lol, You arent topping the state, And knowledge learnt from books can never be replaced by what I have learnt.... HANDS ON ahaha

aolai

HSC
omg paper 2 plant management c) was so hard coz i didn't study for it !! aHHH!!! i seriously knew nothing so i made up the biggest crap =( oh well rest wasn't too bad

whatelsecanitbe

HSC
colli-17 said:
That paper was so good, I prepared perfectly for it, High marks for sure. I loved the section three in paper 1, I did question nine, The animal welfare and hormone question, I work on a feedlot so that was great, In paper 2 I did animal managment, C was so good in that section as it was refering to EBV's how good is that, And I also did Plant managment, Breeding resistance into cotton for round up ready crops, The case study of partial root zone drying and and farming techniques were perfect for answer C

I was so happy with that paper

How was anyone else, Except you ajx, No one cares lol, You arent topping the state, And knowledge learnt from books can never be replaced by what I have learnt.... HANDS ON ahaha
Colli-17,
Guess what? I loved the ag papers too, and it was great to find that for each question I had studied for and felt well prepared.
But what makes you think that everyone else only gets their knowledge from books? You're not the only ag student in NSW with hands on experience you know!! Do you live on a property?

xblizzard

HSC
adamsmart said:
yeah it was pretty good. does anyone actually know wtf we were supposed to write for part (c) in sustainable land.
I wrote for the whole time just about the causes and chucked on a bit about how they were important in causing the problem. Shit questions. Paper 1 was good, 2 was shit easy. Only thing i'm worried about is putting down too much info, taking focus off the actual question. oh well, ag is fucking finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking lol at people fighting about books over hands on experience. I live on a property. Anyone want to fight me and my raging beef cattles? Damn hsc made me study dairy cows... oh well. :D

The guy thinking he topped the state.. awesome pal, hope you bombed

SS Ute Chick

HSC
"As for (C)... Please take a look at the Sust. Land management question for a laugh.

"Evaluate the importance of management practices in causing land degradation"

W t f?"

Ey I totally agree, i read it like 5 times b4 answering it, i was thinking 'did they mean to say preventing instead of causing' wots goin on!! I answered it pretty well i hope, but still it was a really weird Q!!

OMG i totally didn't think 2 talk about EBV's in Animal Management C, i totally 4got wot objective measurement was!! aarrgghh i talked about market catagories in beef cattle and meeting the right carcase weights, fat scores etc etc!! totally the wrong thing!!

I really loved the Animal Mngmt (A) cos i had prepared heaps for that about DNA testing beef cattle for tenderness genes!! I was happy bout that Q
Paper 1 was quite good i thought, there was heaps they coulda asked us, but didn't!! Oh well its all ova for ag till next yr!!

I think its the only test i was kinda looking forward 2, cos its nearly the only subject we can apply in real like!!

like seriously who gives a f about Ender's Game, when are we eva gonna need that????

Cyas l8r hope u's all did well!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)