• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hamlet all-rounding (1 Viewer)

-MC

HSC
I have an essay task coming up, it's 40 minutes long with a mystery question.
I am allowed notes, including quotes but limited to 250 words.

seeing as the question is unknown, i was thinking that anything to do with themes of the play or characterization, I will take a thesis promoting the prominence of corruption, and if the question refers to historical or literary importance, I'll go for Derrida interpretation (that the responder creates meaning).

of course this plan is completely thrown off if they decide to ask about a particular theme, but I can't think of any way to remember every possible aspect of hamlet and be able to write an essay at random on any part.

anyways this is irrelevant because the purpose of this thread is more for people to recommend quotes and/or extracts from the text which can support a variety of arguments.

for example the imagery of the garden and the snake at the end of act1 where the ghost speaks of his death is both an example of biblical religious influence, it is relevant to the historical importance of hamlet because it can provide an insight into the social climate of Elizabethan England (religious influence)

It can also be used to support the reading of corruption as the overarching theme of 'Hamlet' and supports a variety of themes involving loyalty and duty.
It also supports the notion of humans acting outside of their circle (roman mythology) and in the domain of the gods, just as the snake in eden meddled with gods creation.

anything you can think of which can support more than one argument strongly, please post.

tl;dr
gtfo the English forum.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Items of interest:
The mousetrap (meta theatre)
The gravediggers dialogue
Hamlets soliloquys
Reversal of fate
Ophelias role
The ghost, and it's significance contextually

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)