Hamlet/RAGAD (1 Viewer)

Dave85

HSC
Question: Do you think you can go into the hsc exam with a pre-planned essay for module a: tranformations?? I mean, its obviusoly got to be on tranformations and how characters, themes and language have been transformed. And context has to be mentioned. Wat do you guys think??

Dave85

HSC
really? Yeah some ppl at my skool had pre-planned one's. Wat sort of things do you think need to be mention? I mentioned above about characters, themes and lagnuaege as well as context? Is there anything else you shud place in a pre-planned essaY?

die_imortales

first of all.. the fact that its planned will means u will be able to write more cause ur not thinkin which is a bonus...

as for what u put in... just find some band 6 ones or ppl that went good in the trial and use them

Dave85

HSC
yeah thats a good idea. I looked at some from the standards package and they all seem to deal with 3 main things:

themes: illisuion vs reality, death, fate and destiny
language: Eliazabethian laanguage Vs modern colloqiull/comical
characters: hamlet, R+G, the player

Yeah u definately hav an advantage... ok i might jump on the pre-planned essay bandwagon aswell

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Mmm yes I agree, the HSC exam is about getting the maximum amount of marks. I preprepared all my essays and it was a distinct advantage because u already have all the key points and issues memorised in your head, u just need to adapt these to the question. Especially for Hamlet/RAGAD, they always gonna ask u to look at transformations, contexts and values, and how this has been shaped by techniques.

Dave85

HSC
Minai, do you think wat i mentioned above is all i should really put in the pre-planned essay? I think you can adapt any pre-planned essay to this topic. Do you think you could do the same for module C: tellling the truth. I did frontline and again the question has to be something to do with truth the same as module a has to be about tranformations. Thx

Nezz

HSC
Preplanned for RAGAD and hamlet has worked for me so far in 3 assessments... all 18+
Its easy enough to adapt it to another style if you need cause you already know what you are trying to say

Like dave85 also interested if anyone thinks it would work for fronline in Module C... our trial question was "every text constructs its own truth" and my preplanned worked ok with that...anone has any question you think it wont work with???

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not too sure about Module C: telling the truth, coz I did powerplay instead, however I guess it would be much the same. I preprepared my powerplay essay based on a similar strategy to module A, because u kno the scope of what they can ask, the challenge is to be able to adapt it, not only to any question, but any text type. Ie, for my module B, poetry, I had to adapt my memorised essay into the conversation between two people.

Dave85: Yes wat u listed is basically what I used in my essay. Just remember to make sure that u are always comparing and contrasting, and have numerous sources from both texts to evidence ur argument

pranks85

Depends on you, I guess - the only time I took in a planned essay, I bombed out totally, 'cause I had issues adapting it. What I prefer to do is learn my main points thoroughly, and then go into an exam and adapt it, but if you can adapt it to the question, it's all good. Other thing to worry about is that if you've got a planned essay, you need to make sure you write in the appropriate text type and don't slip back into essay form,

Dave85

HSC
yeah thats true altho i think i know the main pts which i can adapt to any essay. Its true that u hav to make sure u dont write in the wrong text style however i'm pretty confident (touch wood) that it'll be any essay... but i guess nobody knows 4 sure

drakolord

pre-prepared essays can work, but it is risky because if u do get a question that u can't adapt to very easily then you are likely to write even less than someone who went in and started the whole thing from scrach...

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by drakolord
pre-prepared essays can work, but it is risky because if u do get a question that u can't adapt to very easily then you are likely to write even less than someone who went in and started the whole thing from scrach...
Yeah I agree... however from what I have seen with transformations, they seem to want to the same points/issues... so im gonna learn solid paragraphs about certain stuff for module a. Then adapt them to whatever form and question

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes thats the thing..
u have to be intelligent and use ur brain for this kinda thing. Questions for transformations cant vary that much, and they want u to write to demonstrate ur knowledge of the texts and transformations, so if u cover every theme/issue and the techniques, u should be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)