Having problems with studying... (1 Viewer)

Myron611

Myron611
HSC
I've been trying to study now for my half yearlies, and I've been finding it extremely difficult...like, I know its year 11 now, I'm in senior school and I have to work really hard now, since a lot of things count towards the HSC now. But whenever I try to study, I open my book, and I just simply lose motivation for it, and I end up going onto the computer and surfing the net after about 10 minutes of trying....people at my school study like, 4 hours a day!! And I can't even study for 10 mintues without being distracted...I feel so horrible...any tips anyone please?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I'd offer some tips, except I don't recall studying in yr 11.
I'm terrible, I work on my last minute stress (bad habits.... I get good marks, but not so cool in future). So don't do a me and you should be fine. Just do a bit each night, write up your notes, and reward yourself by letting yourself use the net afterwards.
As for distractions, try and eliminate them all, TV, loud music (unless you work well with it), even the computer if it's not absolutely necessary and if it is, don't have the internet on. Find interesting parts of your work or angles to take it from, I find that works better for me.
Hope that was sort of useful.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
there are lots of ppl with ur problems! if u check out the prelim forum, every1 is finding it hard to gett motavatied. as for the answer .. i am yet to find it

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Josie
I'd offer some tips, except I don't recall studying in yr 11.
I'm terrible, I work on my last minute stress (bad habits.... I get good marks, but not so cool in future). So don't do a me and you should be fine. Just do a bit each night, write up your notes, and reward yourself by letting yourself use the net afterwards.
As for distractions, try and eliminate them all, TV, loud music (unless you work well with it), even the computer if it's not absolutely necessary and if it is, don't have the internet on. Find interesting parts of your work or angles to take it from, I find that works better for me.
Hope that was sort of useful.
i think that called be my prob. i have the net on for research and then get distracted with BOS

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Myron611
I've been trying to study now for my half yearlies, and I've been finding it extremely difficult...like, I know its year 11 now, I'm in senior school and I have to work really hard now, since a lot of things count towards the HSC now. But whenever I try to study, I open my book, and I just simply lose motivation for it, and I end up going onto the computer and surfing the net after about 10 minutes of trying....people at my school study like, 4 hours a day!! And I can't even study for 10 mintues without being distracted...I feel so horrible...any tips anyone please?
hey a really helpful tip for u is dont become addicted to this site! once ur on u cant stop and it takes up so much of ur time! ie i come on BOS when i get home and post abit then later b4 dinner to check replies to stuff and then after and then u get the point~~ aggghh

onigiri

HSC
I think maybe you should set yourself a goal for a nights work. I do that but I never accomplish it O_O But I get more work done than not having a goal for a night :)

Sugar

HSC
Originally posted by onigiri
I think maybe you should set yourself a goal for a nights work. I do that but I never accomplish it O_O But I get more work done than not having a goal for a night :)
Same! ^

I never do accomplish my goal, but at least I attempted completing that goal so I still get some work done.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
get into a study habit/pattern so when the HSC comes, then you dont have to worry about it then and you're prepared for it . its good so you get the knack of things. Have time to yourself recreationally and lersuirely, but set your priorites straight. maybe when you get home, write down a to do list, like homework to finish, study notes to write and tick them off when you've done them. when you tick them off, you'll get a sense of satisfaction and acheivement. This list doesnt have to be 40 things to do long, depending on the demand of your homeowkr and time, it can vary.

Myron611

Myron611
HSC
Alright thanks guys, I'll try your suggestions, hopefully they'll help a lot :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)