• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Heartbroken (1 Viewer)

Biz

HSC
Hey guys my boyfriend of almost two years told mi the other day over sms that we needed some time apart n he would call mi in a few weeks, this borke my heart as i love him and want nothing but to be with him, and he said he still loves mi and wants to go to the formal with mi, just needs some space, now i cant stop thinkin about it n this is the last thing i need at the moment coz i cant concentrate on any of my skool work now when i need to the most, i had it altogther with my studies n now i dont want this to ruin my hsc what do i do?

J

jhakka

Full stops are helpful when telling a story and then asking a question.

As far as relationships go, I'll leave other people to help you.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Can't really help, because I don't want to troll and I'm also feeling totally opposite to what you're feeling now. Hopefully, other people would come up with great advice.

But is the formal after the HSC?? Then I dunno, maybe he needs the break so he can concentrate on that as well, or maybe he's doing it for you - so you can concentrate on your studies. I don't think your relationship's in THAT much of a trouble if he's still willing to be with you. Having said that, 'through sms'??, that's pretty poor - I'd just ring him and get him to elaborate.

HSC
Biz said:
Hey guys my boyfriend of almost two years told mi the other day over sms that we needed some time apart n he would call mi in a few weeks, this borke my heart as i love him and want nothing but to be with him, and he said he still loves mi and wants to go to the formal with mi, just needs some space, now i cant stop thinkin about it n this is the last thing i need at the moment coz i cant concentrate on any of my skool work now when i need to the most, i had it altogther with my studies n now i dont want this to ruin my hsc what do i do?
then call ur english teacher about it :rolleyes:
it's not that difficult to spell "me" correctly.

Last edited:

SomaFairy

HSC
N/A
Is he doing the HSC as well this year?? Maybe he needs time away from you to study and concentrate on exams.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
It doesn't matter that much. Relationships in highschool rarely ammount to much anyway.
Go out with your girlfriends, have fun being single.

Learn how to be complete without him so you're not dependant on someone else to make YOU happy.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
WHAT IS WITH SOME OF YOU ?!?!?! It's really pretty amazing how one can't put themselves in others' shoes when trying to help them...and it's their choice whether to type "mi" for "me", as long as the meaning is clear. If you've got nothing good to say which will help her out, don't bother posting at all.

Well, Biz, some good points have been brought up nonetheless, is he in the same grade as you? From what I've gathered, he is. Is he also anxious/worried about school work, like you are? Are you seeing him everyday at school?

My thoughts on this is that maybe you've been too close lately? A relationship, especially a long-term one like yours, will need space. As that song suggests, even lovers need a holiday, far away from each other. Give him the few weeks that he says he needs and if he doesn't call or refuse to see you after that, then call him and ask to see him. Like SweetSeason said, don't push him now. I believe that there is understanding between you otherwise you wouldn't have lasted so long.

From what you've told us, he did try to reassure you - that he still loves you and wants to go to the formal with you. Yet there is something that he is not sharing with you...I think, something which embarrasses him and is causing him to even lose the courage to tell you face to face. A two-year relationship like yours probably shouldn't be like this, after so long. He isn't ready to tell you what's on his mind yet and needs time to think over it and come to terms with it himself.

If you see him though and you feel like 'confronting' him, then do so, but only if you know you're comfortable with that...but otherwise, he might either have personal issues or exam issues, which has caused fear etc...

This is just my guess.

May I tell you my story?

Two and a half years ago now, back in mid-late 2003, my first boyfriend of 10 months went quiet for a while as well. I knew there was something on his mind and it turned out that he hadn't been ready for the physical stuff we're doing the week before and that he hated how I was always so moody and possessive. My year 10 Formal was to be on a few months later and so was the SC. I thought the SC was serious back then and was worried, like you. He broke up with me a month later, 2 months before the SC and asked my then best friend to the Formal - I knew he had started to like her when he had gone quiet. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore, then read all the classic heroine stories and also listened to Mariah Carey's "Hero" and "Through the Rain". Then I thought, I'll show him, I'll show them both...and ended up acing in everything that year.

Maybe it's the HSC stress - if he's in your year. I know that your story won't end up like mine - I really really really hope not. At the same time, I hope you're also realizing that your future is your own and should not, must not depend on anyone else! You can depend on no one in life, except on yourself. I understand how you can't stop thinking about him and what he's said, but give him and yourself the time now just to study, because you can't do anything about the relationship, without appearing pushy etc. You will own the world, when you have academic achievements. Everything will become much lighter and clearer after the HSC, it's not long now 'til the end. Know what your priorities are, Biz, I believe that you have the courage to do what you need to do right now.

“Your future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.”

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
No you may not tell us your story, it's in every other thread.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Cykologi_gal, I'm terribly good at putting myself in others shoes.

What I'm saying is, quite simply, relationships aren't everything in life. You have to learn to be happy by yourself rather than depend on someone else to be your whole world.

If you become needy and clingy, that's when things go sour. You overthink everything and worry, you stress and that makes the other person freak out.

Clearly relationships shouldn't be everything, and some Wah Burger issue with a teenage boyfriend should be the least of your troubles when you're young. I put myself through that once, and never again. I realised how stupid it was.
I hope the threadstarter does too.

Have fun while you're young, get to know yourself, make good mates, live it up.
Simple as that

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Sensitivity?! People are terribly good at giving advice, but not sensitivity and encouragement...

Doesn't matter if I can't tell my story or if ppl complain that I've done so too many times, I'm over with not being cool etc etc etc...but my lessons are my own, and considering that Biz is most likely a newbie, she hasn't roamed around far enough to see my other, much older and naive posts.

P.S. Azzie's right also *nods*

tlodg

HSC
N/A
sorry to tell you this, but I don't think he loves you as a gf anymore. Maybe there's a bit of "leftover" feeling left but not as intense as before. I don't know what he actually means by needing space, it's different to everyone but some people seem to use this as an excuse for breaking up. SMS? That tells you something.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Cykologi_gal said:
WHAT IS WITH SOME OF YOU ?!?!?! It's really pretty amazing how one can't put themselves in others' shoes when trying to help them...and it's their choice whether to type "mi" for "me", as long as the meaning is clear. If you've got nothing good to say which will help her out, don't bother posting at all.

Well, Biz, some good points have been brought up nonetheless, is he in the same grade as you? From what I've gathered, he is. Is he also anxious/worried about school work, like you are? Are you seeing him everyday at school?

My thoughts on this is that maybe you've been too close lately? A relationship, especially a long-term one like yours, will need space. As that song suggests, even lovers need a holiday, far away from each other. Give him the few weeks that he says he needs and if he doesn't call or refuse to see you after that, then call him and ask to see him. Like SweetSeason said, don't push him now. I believe that there is understanding between you otherwise you wouldn't have lasted so long.

From what you've told us, he did try to reassure you - that he still loves you and wants to go to the formal with you. Yet there is something that he is not sharing with you...I think, something which embarrasses him and is causing him to even lose the courage to tell you face to face. A two-year relationship like yours probably shouldn't be like this, after so long. He isn't ready to tell you what's on his mind yet and needs time to think over it and come to terms with it himself.

If you see him though and you feel like 'confronting' him, then do so, but only if you know you're comfortable with that...but otherwise, he might either have personal issues or exam issues, which has caused fear etc...

This is just my guess.

May I tell you my story?

Two and a half years ago now, back in mid-late 2003, my first boyfriend of 10 months went quiet for a while as well. I knew there was something on his mind and it turned out that he hadn't been ready for the physical stuff we're doing the week before and that he hated how I was always so moody and possessive. My year 10 Formal was to be on a few months later and so was the SC. I thought the SC was serious back then and was worried, like you. He broke up with me a month later, 2 months before the SC and asked my then best friend to the Formal - I knew he had started to like her when he had gone quiet. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore, then read all the classic heroine stories and also listened to Mariah Carey's "Hero" and "Through the Rain". Then I thought, I'll show him, I'll show them both...and ended up acing in everything that year.

Maybe it's the HSC stress - if he's in your year. I know that your story won't end up like mine - I really really really hope not. At the same time, I hope you're also realizing that your future is your own and should not, must not depend on anyone else! You can depend on no one in life, except on yourself. I understand how you can't stop thinking about him and what he's said, but give him and yourself the time now just to study, because you can't do anything about the relationship, without appearing pushy etc. You will own the world, when you have academic achievements. Everything will become much lighter and clearer after the HSC, it's not long now 'til the end. Know what your priorities are, Biz, I believe that you have the courage to do what you need to do right now.

“Your future lies before you, like paths of pure white snow. Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.”
I helped.

Goddam it. :(

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Yup yup...what971 did help! :)

On second thoughts, Biz, I can't help thinking that it's over for you as well...do you have the heart to accept it if it is? I hope you'll look beyond it towards your HSC and your future more than this prob. ...sry I'm not so sensitive anymore, but too logical.

All the best!

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
When it's over it's over.

Read what Azzie said. There's heaps more to life than relationships.

And you think you'll never get over it, but I'll bet it'll all be forgotten by next month. You'd be surprised.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Ooooh it depends, I took a full year to move on 100% - depends on how deeply you've felt, how long the relationship is, etc.

I've vaguely decided not to chase guys after that, even though I'd still tell them straight out that I like them...because if you do get them and then break up (like my first relationship), you'd think it's your loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)