Help deciding to do B Media/B Laws at UNSW (1 Viewer)

Mystry

HSC
I know I posted this in general uni discussion, but I need feedback pretty quickly =/ Sorry. Anyway,

Well my original plan before ATAR came out was BA Communications (Journalism) at UTS, a course requiring 95.45. I selected Journalism as my preference because writing and the humanities are pretty much my forte. I did 5u of history, 3u of english and 2u Maths in Year 12, so I think it's pretty obvious what I'm sloped towards.

However, looking over my options again last night, I discovered (as a recipient of the AAA scholarship at UNSW) I can get into B Media/B Laws at UNSW. Now I'm leaning towards his options for a few reason.
--More career options, as journalism was basically chosen because it was one of the only subjects I was geared towards which had an actual career path
--More engaging. I imagine this course would be more challenging and more interesting, as well as teaching me more.
--It's a double degree, they're cool.

However, a few issues.
--UTS option is only three years, and a single degree. I figure the HECS would be about 30 grand less that UNSW...is that something I should consider?
--Is it worth it? Two extra years and an extra degree worth of work is alot, will it pay off in the long term? Are the benefits and options it opens to me ample enough to make up the enormous fees and time I will spend?
--Is it a good degree? Just, in general. Taken in isolation, is it like, good? I know this sounds stupid, but I'm so confused at the moment I can't articulate it any better.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated. Also, yes I am going to UNSW info day tomorrow, so I'm just asking for personal opinions here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)