• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help! Deferring a degree at UOW (1 Viewer)

Si91Anne

HSC
I received a main round offer for 2009 into UOW, but i want to defer for 12 months. So i went to fill out the online application and every time i fill out the form and click submit it tells me:

"The following information is either missing or invalid.
  • HSC Canditature No: or Date of birth:"

I know my date of birth isn't wrong so i am assuming that my HSC candidature number is wrong. I have just been using my student number, the one i wrote on all my exams and I'm pretty sure thats the one i should be using. I have tried putting the extra 1 in front of my number like is required on the UAC website but it still comes up with the same message. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.. or if i am using the wrong number. I'm planning to call them or maybe just write a letter for deferral but i thought i would just make sure i wasn't making a stupid mistake first. :D

~Fire Jade~

HSC
That is so weird and its probably normal for you to stress. Ask UAC or UOW for help....it's the most obvious step to take...

candygore

HSC
If you were given an university student number, did you try that one?

Si91Anne

HSC
no i wasn't given a uni number :( i read through like every letter i have received from uac and the board of studies but the only number i have gotten is my student number.. other than my uac pin of course.
I think i might just call them and ask about it or write the letter.. but its annoying it would have taken like 2 minutes on the internet.
Damn it.
Thankyou for replying :D

elli-may

HSC
this keeps happening to me, too. if you work out how to do it, or manage to contact the uni about it, could you post it? it's so frustrating!
ali

Si91Anne

HSC
I gave up on the online form and sent them a deferral request through the mail to the address specified in the pamphlet i received from UOW. I sent the letter a week ago and still haven't heard from them. Late round offers are released in a few days and I'm worried my offer will lapse. I accepted my offer and everything but my enrolment day was on the 27th which i didn't go to because im not supposed to enrol if im deffering... but i dont know if they know im deffering haha did that make any sense?.. ahh im really beginning to worry that my offer will lapse and all my hard work i put into the hsc would be for nothing.

BigDk

HSC
I gave up on the online form and sent them a deferral request through the mail to the address specified in the pamphlet i received from UOW. I sent the letter a week ago and still haven't heard from them. Late round offers are released in a few days and I'm worried my offer will lapse. I accepted my offer and everything but my enrolment day was on the 27th which i didn't go to because im not supposed to enrol if im deffering... but i dont know if they know im deffering haha did that make any sense?.. ahh im really beginning to worry that my offer will lapse and all my hard work i put into the hsc would be for nothing.

defering has finished, u lost your place. you will have to resit your HSC again and try again next year

witide

HSC
Well good luck. In the worst case, you can always apply for the course next year and you should get another offer.

BigDk

HSC
Well good luck. In the worst case, you can always apply for the course next year and you should get another offer.
thats not going to happen, you have to do uni or redo hsc again.. if not she will have to wait as mature age student, i think its 21.

witide

HSC
You seriously think UAC would make her redo her HSC because she didn't defer in time?

witide

HSC
Not that I don't believe you, but it just sounds like a silly thing for UAC to do. I looked through the FAQ but couldn't find anything, could you post a link or quote it?

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Ok, first of all BigDk is a dickhead, don't listen to him.

Second, I don't think you've missed your chance to defer. I'm also deferring Wollongong..maybe...if i don't get another offer..lol..

UAC should have sent you a letter in the mail about your UAC offer, and there should have been a UOW Acceptance and Enrolment guide included. Iassume this is the pamphlet you were talking about. It says in there that you have until the 31st of March to submit your application for deferment...so I wouldn't stress!

Just give them a call, and ask if they recieved your letter. if they haven't, I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out over the phone :)

Last edited:

Si91Anne

HSC
I got an email from them today :D i have successfully deferred.. Australia Post lost my original letter thats why it took them a while to get back to me so i sent another and its done.
thanks for all your help guys :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)