Help - Droping Subject Need Advice... (1 Viewer)

biggie walls

HSC
Help - Dropping Subject... Need Advice...

Ive decided 12 units is too much (work and stress at assessment time) for me and just need to check some things before i go ahead with dropping to 10 units.

at the moment i have these subjects and results from last assessment

Adv. English - 10/15
Maths - 28/28 & 29/40
Modern History - 39/40
Business Studies - 60/69
Visual Arts - 29/30

Physics - 11/16 <-- Intending to drop

Im aiming for a uai of 90.00 as I want to get into Business at Macquarie (86-89)

Just wanted re-assurance (my parents were skeptical) that dropping physics wont stop me from achieving my goal...

Thanks for the help!!!

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Re: Help - Dropping Subject... Need Advice...

as long as u do good in all of ur subjects; no matter what u drop; it wouldn't stop u from achieving your goal.

P

pLuvia

Drop whatever you are doing bad in, and what ever you probably won't need for university, but seeing you have sort of already made your choice, then go for it :D

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC

Personally, if i were u, i'd drop business studies, because ur ranked 60th out of 69 and Business does crap weighting wise, especially compared to physics.

Note that, in business, you're only beating 13% of the kids, but in Physics you're beating 31%. Also Note that physics is generally considered harder so it is harder to do well at. All in all, keep physics, drop business.

I know u wanna do business at macquarie, but if ur struggling at preliminary business studies, your heart doesnt really appear to be in the subject. Parhaps a change in career choice? Otherwise, just aim for the UAI. Assuming Business studies isnt a pre-requisite for your desired course then there isnt anything stopping you from taking it up, even without business studies. They'd fill in all the gaps.

Edit: just noted your modern history rank. Drop that instead of Physics or business. You're only beating 2.5% of the cohort.

Last edited:

biggie walls

HSC
Those were assessment marks! not ranks..

I ranked about 2nd or 3rd in business - the top mark was 62/69 (hard test)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)