HELP!!!How to study and resources? English Standard (1 Viewer)

kimello

HSC
Hi, guys, I'm in huge trouble here. I've had the same teacher for 2 years and he doesn't do anything!!! You don't understand I feel as if my english is getting worse by the day. Honestly. Anyways I was wondering if any of you guys knew any resourses and tips to for standard english study??? Like other subjects you can read textbooks and practice questions but I really don't know where to start for english... Pls help I'm desperate^^ :confused2:

rydelta

HSC
You need to be constantly reading, even if it doesn't relate to what you do, so you can understand how good authors craft language. Read essays from JStor, and from past students. Also, I suggest having a vocabulary bank. Whenever, you come across a new word that you don't know, write it down and copy it into your vocabulary bank, and have a definition and maybe an example. Then you can also have topic-specific or module-specific vocabulary. Gradually incorporate this into your writing. This will lend your writing a Band 6 level of sophistication.

Can I ask what text you're doing for your assignment and your related?

kimello

HSC
Thanks for the study tips^^ I'm doing Billy Elliot as my text and as for my related text I'm doing Wild Orchid: A Retelling of "The Ballad of Mulan" book.

kimello

HSC
You need to be constantly reading, even if it doesn't relate to what you do, so you can understand how good authors craft language. Read essays from JStor, and from past students. Also, I suggest having a vocabulary bank. Whenever, you come across a new word that you don't know, write it down and copy it into your vocabulary bank, and have a definition and maybe an example. Then you can also have topic-specific or module-specific vocabulary. Gradually incorporate this into your writing. This will lend your writing a Band 6 level of sophistication.

Can I ask what text you're doing for your assignment and your related?
Thanks for the study tips^^ I'm doing Billy Elliot as my text and as for my related text I'm doing Wild Orchid: A Retelling of "The Ballad of Mulan" book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)