HELP! How to study for PAPER 2? (2 Viewers)

juszt1n

HSC
I dont know where to begin studying for the second English paper. My texts are Maestro, Witness and Educating Rita and i don't know what i need to study and remember for these texts. What kind of good related text could I use for Maestro? What do I need to know for Witness? I struggle with Witness the most. HELP!!

madharris

HSC
N/A
Wait what?... You don't have a related text yet?... Isn't your exam in like 3 days? :\

I don't know the text so I maestro so I can't help with that nor do I know witness
Nor do I really know the modules :\ :p

However I would recommend (for you) to write generic essays, memorise them and adapt them to the question.

Usually I wouldn't be suggesting to rote learn your essays however if you don't even have a related text yet then there's no way you're going to understand your texts in a few days. So just spend the next few days doing as much work as possible. Don't procrastinate, just do! :)

here's a way to help you memorise efficiently - unless you have a better way then use that instead :)
What I do if I want to memorise is memorise 1-3 sentences at a time
E.g. Memorise sentences 1-3
Write sentences 1-3 down
Memorise sentences 4-6
Say out loud 1-6
Write sentences 1-6 down
Memorise sentences 7-9
Say out loud 1-9
Write down 1-9

But I do it in paragraphs, if that makes sense
So once I have memorised all paragraphs individually, I'll write down the essay as best as I can without looking (have a peak if you're stuck)
Reread it and look at your mistakes
Write it down one more time and this should be perfect :)
It's always worked for me, and I end up memorising 1000-1200 words in 3-5 hours
Good luck! :)

Elisa Sweet

HSC
For Witness I'm choosing a theme and trying to use that in any question I'm given. Make sure you know the techniques really well. Good luck :)

MBMD

HSC
I dont know where to begin studying for the second English paper. My texts are Maestro, Witness and Educating Rita and i don't know what i need to study and remember for these texts. What kind of good related text could I use for Maestro? What do I need to know for Witness? I struggle with Witness the most. HELP!!

1. Don't know anything about Maestro
2. Witness: The question is going to be something do with differing values of Book and Rachel/America and Amish cultures. Makes sure you know about them. I've focussed my essay around conflicting values between the two cultures, and I can mold it to fit most questions. Its a bit late to watch the film again, but try get some techniques and do a plan of an essay.
3. Educating Rita: This is all about the consequences and difficulties that can arise when individuals move into a new world.

If you have any specific questions about Witness or Rita let me know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)