Help! - Ideas for Major Project (1 Viewer)

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Okay, either the topics have to relate or are within the topic: 20th Century Western Imperialism..

My ideas so far (not related to topic, however, I'm interested in them):
- Assassination of JFK
- History of the Freemansonary (i know its dodgy)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Okay, either the topics have to relate or are within the topic: 20th Century Western Imperialism..

My ideas so far (not related to topic, however, I'm interested in them):
- Assassination of JFK
- History of the Freemansonary (i know its dodgy)

JFK is a problem as it is an examinable case study for Extension History - however there are ways around that - by checking the syllabus and doing something not there.

If this is the major research project why are you limited to your Case Study topic? The syllabus clearly indicates that you can do anything you like that is not on the examinable syllabi for any SC or HSC course.

girlfromspace

HSC
i'm doing mine on anastasia, the romanov princess. i know there can be some issues covered by the modern students - but i do ancient and my teacher said it was alright.

anyways, idea for your major project... my other ancient teacher said that it would be good doing joan of arc because she's controversial and there are a lot of areas which could be explored and stuff.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
i'm doing mine on anastasia, the romanov princess. i know there can be some issues covered by the modern students - but i do ancient and my teacher said it was alright.

anyways, idea for your major project... my other ancient teacher said that it would be good doing joan of arc because she's controversial and there are a lot of areas which could be explored and stuff.
There would be no problem with Anastasia as she isn't on the Modern Syllabus although the Revolution is and the wording of the syllabus is 'significantly overlaps' and there is no way that Anastasia 'significantly overlaps' - now if you wanted to do her father then there would be a problem in my mind.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
I was thinking of doing the History of the Freemansons, I find them extremely fascinating! There are alot of different historical views, especially in the case of the New World controversy.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I was thinking of doing the History of the Freemansons, I find them extremely fascinating! There are alot of different historical views, especially in the case of the New World controversy.
That would be great so long as you were able to get the views of Masons as well as lapsed and non Masons rather than just the latter, who do seem to predominate, in my experience. If you need to try to contact the Freemasons in NSW to get their views and even some suggestions about where to find information from their point of view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)