Help im on the border line of failing and passing (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
Hello im in year 11 and so far , i think its real terrible
My subjects this year are
Hospitality
Business studies
Accounting
English standard
2 unit maths
Soft ware design and development

Bussiness studies is sooo boring , teacher sux , lessons tend to make me sleep

OMG SO BORING , who the heck wants to learn about programming ............

2 subjects that im obviously gonna fail

Please can some1 help me with a study plan of some sort , i get distracted so bad , with computer games and good tv shows

Ive got a speech in 5 days which i havent started, 2 assignments due in 1 week which hasnt been touched . And also ive got a conferrence tomorrow for hospitality and im not even prepared at all

Please help me , i dont want to end up wasting 2 years and getting a 60 for my HSC

suz

HSC
No matter what we all say, only you can take the initiative to make the change, but I'll try
I put the UAI i wanted on my wall so everytime I was "lazy" or felt depressed I would look at it for motivation
Make sure you are doing physical activity to take your mind away from your worries, I went to the gym and found it helped and made me refreshed when I came to do my work again
Try to organise a flexible study plan, where you set aside time for homework, playing computer games, waching TV and some study (even if it is just writing notes at this stage)
I also left my assignments to the last minute which I don't regret, if you work better this way don't worry just make sure you have all your info. in advance
Basically set yourself a goal and if you want it bad enough you will work hard to attain it, trust me I used to sleep in pdhpe too
Best of luck, hope my rambling made some sense.....

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
no offense but u are pretty dumb to choose software without knowing ull b doin programming ... look at the name of the subject o_O

did u choose the subjects urself ?

how can u choose software design and not expect that ull be doing any programming

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Originally posted by v sia
Hello im in year 11 and so far , i think its real terrible
My subjects this year are
Hospitality
Business studies
Accounting
English standard
2 unit maths

Bussiness studies is sooo boring , teacher sux , lessons tend to make me sleep

2 subjects that im obviously gonna fail

Please can some1 help me with a study plan of some sort , i get distracted so bad , with computer games and good tv shows

Ive got a speech in 5 days which i havent started, 2 assignments due in 1 week which hasnt been touched . And also ive got a conferrence tomorrow for hospitality and im not even prepared at all

Please help me , i dont want to end up wasting 2 years and getting a 60 for my HSC
LOOKIES here, for one, stop wasting your time by demoting yourself. "You" have the ability to get above that godam'd bell curve! goddamit if u weren't capable of doing the subjects you have picked, you wouldn't have been able to muster up the intellect to complain about em ;p.

For your assignments and speeches...i'm sure your not the only person in your class with these tasks- do you believe for a second that you are the first to doubt yourself and be boggled down in it all. Obviously if you have some all nighters, and dont stuff around you can get iback on track.

If you are getting distracted so easily, perhaps it is because u have let urself get distracted. Just do the work! That's all you need to do to reach your goal of what... not getting 60% in ur hsc.

take a leaf off the tree- dont fret so much!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fi_babezy
"You" have the ability to get above that godam'd bell curve! goddamit if u weren't capable of doing the subjects you have picked, you wouldn't have been able to muster up the intellect to complain about em ;p.
LOL, how can you get above a bell curve you want to be on the extreme right :p

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
i can help u out in sdd, maths if u live on the north shore, or willing to travel there

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
when i said "get above it" XAYMA i meant lift beyond it! seriously it would not sound too good if some stranger came along and said;
"yeah love. Just to your right of that bell curve, mind you do that ;)"

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
dude!!
YOU have to take the initiative to become motivated. We can continue ranting and yapping. But it still comes down to yourself and how you want to go abt solving these problems.
first of all, you chose these topics, remember its 95% effort and only 5% teachers. Like my business teacher says, the job of a teacher is to make the stuff easier for you to understand. That's fact of life mate, there will be things that wouldnt seem 'fun' but you still have to get the job done.
YES SDD DOES INVLOVE PROMGRAMMING hence software development, if you werent interested then you shouldnt have chosen the subject in the first place. Dont quote me on this but i've heard that SDD has one of the hardest HSC papers. IT will get complicated when it comes to algorithms and stuff. :)

STOP PROCASTINATING its a bad study effort!! >=| okay if it comes down to the point WHERE you HATE it then drop it or change the subject!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
stop watching useless dvd's U HAVE NO TIME FOR DVD's

and plan ur time and study so its all consistent and u aint behind./.!!

v sia

HSC
SDD sounded cool , i love designing webpages ( although i havent designed any of late )

I asked teachers if there was webpage creation in that subject . They said Yes there is .............. WRong

The thing is im not really sure i can drop it because i have 2 B subjects

Accounting and Hospitality
and im not sure about this but i think only 1 of those subjects can be counted towards my HSC

If this is true that means i cant drop SDD :(
yes i fked up , i shouldnt of chosen that subject

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
think of what an imporvement you will make if you start. reward yourself in some way. you have a bad case of lack of motivation, and boredom which you have to fix asap

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmmm if you cant drop it cant you like change another subject on the same line, if you REALLY dont want to.

um, yes you do webpages in software design.

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
If you can't drop it... pick up Economics. In my opinion it's better than Business studies but it'll help you with it as well...
Don't worry about yr 11... it doesn't count to anything... you can do a half arsed job on everything... Just make sure when term 4 comes around, you keep your notes and start studying... term one yr 12 is TOO LATE!
It's probably better to start good study patterns now but, it's nothing to stress over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)