• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help in developing my idea (1 Viewer)

kula

Hi, I want to do a critical response on George Orwell and his potrayal of totaltarian states...however, it's probably an overused idea so I was thinking of maybe - representations of women in dsyutopian literature. Any ideas to make me peice more original?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
haha I have no idea what dsyutopian literature us so I can't help you there.

The Orwell one sounds good (although Im biased cos I like that sorta stuff), perhaps you could do an investigation into Political Allegory (its reception by audience & critics, the comments it has been used to make as well as its history) and use Orwell & totalitarianism as your main example...

I dunno, just a suggestion.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It sounds like a really good idea. Are you studying brave new world/blade runner in advanced? Because both of those show dystopian futures and that would be a good way to link it to the advanced course (the extension 2 course should be an extension of knowledge you have gained in adv or ex 1)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
and that would be a good way to link it to the advanced course (the extension 2 course should be an extension of knowledge you have gained in adv or ex 1)
Actually, I think thats a load of crap, they don't even notice when marking...
They just write that on the syllabus so it actually looks like its connected to the other 2 courses in some way.

Saul

*ss
HSC
how can you possibly justify that Ms12?

Saul

*ss
HSC
on a brief inspection of the reflection statements from the 2001 showcase, the link is either exceedingly obvious or plainly stated. if the syllabus states that a link should be there, why would you risk not putting it in?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I seem to remember in the marking notes from last year that the examiners said that the link between adv/ex1 and your major work needs to be shown.

From 2002 Notes from the Marking Centre:

"Links with English Advanced and Extension
Candidates are reminded that the Major Work is an extension of the knowledge, understanding and
skills developed in the English Advanced and Extension courses. (Stage 6 English Syllabus, p92).
Most candidates were able to demonstrate this through their project and through their Reflection
Statement."

It doesn't implicitly state that you have to state how it is linked, but it's probably safest IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)