My subjects will be
Math Ext - 1 Unit
Math Adv - 2 Units
English Adv - 2 Units
Chemistry - 2 Units
Science Extension - 1 Unit

HELP:
So i will probably do 10 units but its between dropping business or pdhpe

Im ranking first in PDHPE and my teacher believes I should keep it. I love it alot and my teacher is completely dedicated (he prints out heaps of booklets and shit that hes made with band 6 answers)

Im ranking like pre high in business but my teacher isnt that good and he isnt dedicated. I dont enjoy it its pretty boring and I hate it tbh.

My tutor said keep business drop pdhpe but Im confused now because idk which I should drop.

:(

beetree1

HSC
Your prelim marks are in no way indicative of how you will do in HSC, I would suggest keeping all 12 units until after at least Task 1 to see which one to keep based on the amount of content and perhaps your marks by then.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I would just not drop anything for now, I dropped a subject 2 weeks before trials in Y12 after realising it is very unlikely that it will count towards my atar and that my time is better spent focusing on the other 10 units. I knew that I was gonna drop either modern or bio for my HSC after the first few weeks of Y11 but I did not do it until I was 100% sure my modern marks will be better than bio. You might say I wasted the entire year of Y12 bio but I still learned stuff whether or not it counts to my atar, I also dropped it with 100% confidence knowing it was the right decision. Had I done equally well in modern and bio I would've kept both and had 12 units, which is also ok and might even be better as it can give bonus points.

A lot of ppl in my year made the mistake of dropping a subject as soon as it was allowed and ended up regretting it because their other subjects turned out to be worse.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Im doing my HSC in 2021 and I need some advice

My subjects will be
Math Ext - 1 Unit
Math Adv - 2 Units
English Adv - 2 Units
Chemistry - 2 Units

HELP:

Im ranking first in PDHPE and my teacher believes I should keep it. I love it alot and my teacher is completely dedicated (he prints out heaps of booklets and shit that hes made with band 6 answers)

Im ranking like pre high in business but my teacher isnt that good and he isnt dedicated. I dont enjoy it its pretty boring and I hate it tbh.

My tutor said keep business drop pdhpe but Im confused now because idk which I should drop.

Should be an easy decision - clearly drop business if you have a better chance at scoring well in PDHPE. I mean not only just that but your PDH teacher seems to be really damn good. Also I guess it depends on what you like more.

idkkdi

HSC
Im doing my HSC in 2021 and I need some advice

My subjects will be
Math Ext - 1 Unit
Math Adv - 2 Units
English Adv - 2 Units
Chemistry - 2 Units

HELP:

if your tutor tutors business, he obviously wants you to keep it for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :)

quickoats

HSC
Keep both for now, especially since you're doing Science Ext. You may or may not really like it, so it's good to have a safety net just in case you really need to drop it.

jojosiwa123

HSC
Keep both if you're doing well in both. I dropped eco in yr 11 cus I didn't really like the class or teacher although I was doing well, kinda ended up regretting it as some of my other subjects got way harder later on. It's a safety net as another user has said- your marks could change in yr 12 for any of the subjects ur currently doing well in. Make sure u still keep trying in business for now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)