Help me please! (1 Viewer)

HSCExposed

HSC
Hey guys,

I just started year 12. I'm doing 2u maths, bio, physics, adv English and business studies. I'm currently stressing out even though i just started hsc course.

I have a few questions.

Is it better to handwrite notes or type them? Reason is that for business I think we have to hand write them but I bough some notes on bos but they're like 30 pages each module :( so it'll take long me to write them.

Is it better making your own notes or just use others? Reason is that for bio I can use Ahmed Shah Idol notes but apparently they're incomplete and not good? Is this true? Is it better creating your own piece of notes or just printing others and studying from them?

I am kinda struggling in maths. This is because in year 11 I didn't really learn well because of my crappy teacher. I'm consistently getting around 60-70% in my maths exams. How can I improve this?

HSCMASTER

Let the games begin
HSC
I am handwriting my notes because I find that it is easier and I won't be distracted

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

I just started year 12. I'm doing 2u maths, bio, physics, adv English and business studies. I'm currently stressing out even though i just started hsc course.

I have a few questions.

Is it better to handwrite notes or type them? Reason is that for business I think we have to hand write them but I bough some notes on bos but they're like 30 pages each module :( so it'll take long me to write them.

Is it better making your own notes or just use others? Reason is that for bio I can use Ahmed Shah Idol notes but apparently they're incomplete and not good? Is this true? Is it better creating your own piece of notes or just printing others and studying from them?

I am kinda struggling in maths. This is because in year 11 I didn't really learn well because of my crappy teacher. I'm consistently getting around 60-70% in my maths exams. How can I improve this?

Use a combination of resources to ensure that your notes are covering the syllabus, and have enough detail (i.e use class notes, textbook and the guy you mentions note)

Improve Mathematics through practicing,and if you don't understand some concepts try watching videos on them...

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I think stress now is way too early. You need to take it easy otherwise you're going to be too overwhelmed and essentially done for during assessments, especially trials.

It depends on the person whether handwritten or typed up works best. I usually type them up for better formatting, and then do practice revising it on hand if that makes sense.

I prefer making my own notes because it's that process of learning. It's good to use other people's notes for inspiration or to check whether you've got everything you need down, but I wouldn't rely too heavily on someone else's notes.

Don't let a poor teacher be the excuse of doing badly. Take it upon yourself to improve your math marks. If you really want to do better, do more homework than what was set and do past papers a couple weeks before your assessments. Make sure you understand all the concepts as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Maths - write your own notes, too fiddly otherwise. You're best bet is to get a friend/tutor help you revise year 11 maths stuff.
(70% is not terrible, but can be improved!!)

Biology - Ahmed' Shah notes are so hard to read (for chem that is). You're best bet depends on how you learn. If you learn (like me) by typing/writing notes then go for it. Otherwise just past papers.

Physics - Typing notes is really fine for Physics as it is probably the easiest on the list to type. Just following the syllabus.
I am writing my own but using a collection of different people's as a basis + my class notes (handwritten/typed).

Adv English - Get about 6 exams for each piece e.g.
i have 6 e.g.s per poem for AOS (recommend 8 for non-poem text)
I have roughly 12 for MODULE A per theme (24 in total)
I have 6 for MODULE B per theme (24 in total)
I have roughly 6 for MODULE C and 6 for each related (18 in total)

For essays, hand write them.

Bus Studies - I don't really know, but handwrite essays and past exams.

And practice (not too early to start with the assessment 1 from your school)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Hey guys,

I have a few questions.

You do know that this guy state ranked biology right?

I read through the chemistry notes and I must say that they're amazing. They're clear and concise which is all you need.

Use someone else's (such as Ahmad Shah's notes for bio) notes for your base notes then compile your own notes from the textbooks, your teachers notes, etc. to ensure that you haven't missed anything

Find a tutor for maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)