help me wid hitler plz,... (1 Viewer)

lil_o_gal

hi everyone,....i got a question,....its about hilter,...(yes yes hitler of germany),....
"asses the impact of hitler's domestic policy between 1933 and 1939"
any historiographies would be appreciated,....
thaaaaank youuuuuuuuu:wave:

Jennibeans

HSC
umm with that you can talk about the nuremberg laws, women, youth etc and dont forget about resistance groups. i cant think of any historiography off the top of my head but ill have a look at my notes later n let you know if i find anything. ive got notes on nuremberg laws women etc if you want them too

life4_rent

kershaw & a.j.p taylor are good german historians... also try sereny if ur doing albert speer =) hope that helps..

also with the question, talk abt women's changing roles, nuremburg laws, youth etc.. wat jennibeans said =P

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Hope you meant that A.J.P Taylor and Kershaw were good historians ON Germany :p

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
if i went answering that question, i'll split the question into two parts, one before 1936 and one after 1936, and i'll assess each part.

When they ask for domestic policy you focus stuff like propaganda, antisemitism, and the four year plan etc.

antisemitism before 1936 was lowly played (Nazi's feared the withdrawal of the economy and the boycotting of gernam goods, there was virtually no antisemitic violence during the berlin olympics) compared to after 1936, you have to keep in mind that hitlers domestic policy reflects his foreign policy ambitions, and the period after 1936 (after the olympics) is where his foreign policy relations kicks in badly.

basically 1936 represents the consolidation of nazi power and the incorporation of the German infrastructure into Nazi ideals (volksgemeinschaft, gleichshaltung), to get the Nazi nation built up for action. After the olympics of 1936 thats when hitler radicalised both his domestic (jewish question) and foreign policy. I'll just briefly mention about foreign policy in 3 lines or so but wont go into much detail on it if i was to answer the essay.

yes, kershaw is a kickass historian, thats why i bought his hitler biography :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)