Help needed choosing universities! (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm so happy I can get into Bachelor of Biomed with 95+ for being a KLD-it's prob the only way I'd get into Med if I so chose. (Doing GAMSAT to get in post grad). Though I'd prob sit the UMAT and that just in case.

Still not sure whether to gun for medicine or go into science research type job.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
just thought about this. nursing is probably a much better pre med course. teaches you all the practical skills and lets u experience what it feels like to interact with patients and perform procedures that u have to do as a junior med student/junior doctor. biomed comes a close second.

HSC
N/A
Fresh I was going to ask you this before but forgot, what's the cutoff for biomed/b medsci at Monash?

Plus I don't know about Nursing.. I prefer the above ones.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Fresh I was going to ask you this before but forgot, what's the cutoff for biomed/b medsci at Monash?

Plus I don't know about Nursing.. I prefer the above ones.
no idea lol. never really even looked into biomed or medsci. im sure u can find the cutoffs online somehwere tho.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Doing preferences now. Which one am I choosing again? ><

biomedical science. dont combine it else you will be doing 4 years instead of 3. its all in clayton anyway. also dont forget to apply for accommodation ASAP else you will need to find a house to share.

HSC
N/A
biomedical science. dont combine it else you will be doing 4 years instead of 3. its all in clayton anyway. also dont forget to apply for accommodation ASAP else you will need to find a house to share.
I'm staying at my uncle's. Except I'm not sure about transport and shiz.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Haha, what is 'woop woop'? :p
I hope so! :D
just google it. if u do biomed, you will be in clayton (south east). if your uncle lives like on the other side (west), its going to be a pretty big trek if you dont have a car. otherwise its usually doable.

HSC
N/A
just google it. if u do biomed, you will be in clayton (south east). if your uncle lives like on the other side (west), its going to be a pretty big trek if you dont have a car. otherwise its usually doable.
He knows it's in Clayton, he said it's a bit far but I would be able to do it.
I don't even have my P's yet. :haha:

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
He knows it's in Clayton, he said it's a bit far but I would be able to do it.
I don't even have my P's yet. :haha:
should be able to manage i guess. u dont really need a car. plus, biomed doesnt have that many contact hours anyway so you probably have 1-2 days off anyway.

HSC
N/A
should be able to manage i guess. u dont really need a car. plus, biomed doesnt have that many contact hours anyway so you probably have 1-2 days off anyway.
Oh cool. :D
This is exciting. :D
Could you check my preferences and see if they're okay?
I'll inbox you the list?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)