• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help Needed on Diem And Minh (1 Viewer)

sea_maiden

HSC
hey can some one please help me?

i need to the policies of diem and ho chi minh

can you just please list them?? just their titles not what their about please (i'll reseach them myself) checked my text book already

also it would really help me do my assessment: Discuss the impact of Diem's and Ho Chi Minh's policies on Vietnam from 1954-1968

thank you!!

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
If you get your textbook and have a look I'm sure you'd be able to find them. If I list them all for you I'd have to practically write the essay for you, and I don't have the time/inclination. Sorry. Look around the resources section if you're desperate - policies to 1960s for N/S Viet

Diem = South Vietnam
Minh = North Vietnam

Just a guideline. The dates are significant 1954 was Geneva and 1968 was Tet. Basically while North Viet got a leg up from China and Russia in terms of aid became self sufficient while S Viet became more reliant on US aid. Diem's regime was corrupt, nepotism, isolation of many groups of society e.g. the Buddhists, Chinese, peasants.

belpen

There were lots, but considering Diem wasn't leader for a long period of time alot of his policies revolved around ridding South Vietnam of insurgents and groups that he and Colnel Lansdale (aka "Mr Fix-It") considered threatening to his position:
You had his white mice police system; his systematic removal of the Binh Xuyen, Cao Dai & Hao Hoa; his attempts to impose Catholicism & his nut of a sister in law and her woman's army: "Madame Nhu's girls".
HCM is often revered, but he left a bloody stain with his attempts at executing traitors early on - he stopped after he realised the mentality of the peasants and reshaped his ideas on nationalism - he was far more savvy than Diem, not to mention popular
I know this doesn't really answer it, but I think you'll take abetter shot if you know about them & what influenced their policies, Diem ran a nepotistic government - and his brother took advantage of him. Diem was the best of a bad bunch, and didn't have a fighting cause. Nationalism was a powerful banner under which to march, which accounts for the success and bravery that's demonstrated through Cu Chi tunnels, guerilla warfare & VC strategy. Try thinking of military policy too - there is bundles of info on Giap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)