Help please with frankenstein (1 Viewer)

essjayhabibi

HSC
My teacher gave us an essay to do and i haven't read the book yet while everyone else has finished. So i'm kinda behind. Plus, im shocking with essays. Can anyone please give me some notes or pointers ? Really appreciated.

The question is "Frankenstein" reflects many of the concerns of Shelly's era and also of her own personal life. Explain how this is done in the early part of the book."

THANKKS !

gella

HSC
duude come on
advancements in technology, science
age of enlightenment etc

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Lol yeah, that is a bit of an easy question... Also look at the use and abuse of power, the idea of exploiting nature, and maybe as an all encompassing point, the need for connection that ALL the characters have in the early part of the book. (Walton, Frankenstein, Elizabeth and the Monster). You should be able to get a decent essay out with all the points that have been mentioned above.

There's no substitute to reading the book yourself though XD For this essay, at least read up to Volume II.

essjayhabibi

HSC
LOL, ive only just got back to school on the 8th. missed like 1 and a half weeks so im behind. i miss the holidays.

gella

HSC
sparknotes that shit

Last edited by a moderator:

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
i suggest doing english standard if you can't answer that.

AmieLea

HSC
i suggest doing english standard if you can't answer that.
sorry, have to agree. easy!!! your teacher should teach me :) except then i wouldn't get a practise of the harder qestions... meh.

jean-jacques Rousseau argued that man's nature was harmless, but men are made evil by society (comes thru on the creatures charactor, ie ""i was benevolent and good, misery made me a fiend", the way frankenstein was treated made him "evil")

lived in Genevia where the novel was set and observed it's nature and weather (find ur own quote, there's heaps)

her husband wrote "promthesis unbound" check subtitle of book for a link

christopher marlowe "unbound"

"paradise lost" epic poem by john milton

1802 galvani's experiment with eletricity and frogs

1803, aldini attached battery of corsp of criminal, "moved"

benjamin 'frank'lin used kite to show power of eletricity.

now i feel guilty for doing ur work. oh well, it's abit late now. it was good study to type that too lol. and great for others to read if they know jack-all like yourself, sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)