Help Plz Someone! Skrzynecki Poems (1 Viewer)

vaska11

HSC
HI!!
I have my eng half yearly next monday and desperately need help with my journey essay.
the question is...
'A voyage to a destination, whatever it may be, is also a voyage inside oneself...''
How effectively does this quotation support your understanding of the concept of physical journeys?

im doing Skrzyneckis 'Crossing the red sea' and 'immigrants at cenral station.' For related text ive choosen cat stevens song 'on the road to find out' and the screenshot from smithsonian library 'journeys over land and sea'

any help would be appreciated. i did a practice essay and showed it to my teacher but she pretty much said it was crap and to start over.
thanks

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
vaska11 said:
I have my eng half yearly next monday
How come you get to know what your question will be? We don't get to know. :(

And are told to know all 7 poems but to base our answer on 2-3, also use something from the stimulus and a related text.

flicka08

HSC
i am having lots and lots of trouble remembering these poems!
we dont get to know the questions! the poems that we learn might not even fit the question!

Special-K

HSC
Everything I've been told about english questions is that they are all essentially the same, just with different introducitons and conclusions. The Head English teacher in my school told me this, and also my Mum, who is also an english teacher.(Which is no help to me whatsoever)

ztn

HSC
hey pplz what ive been told is write down the techniques of 2-3 poems and of 2 related texts at most ....

write an essay on those texts (poems&related) based on a specific question.

memorise the essay for the exam then you just take out the question you wrote about in your essay you memorised, and replace it with the question asked in the exam.

hope I helped:rofl: :karate:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
flicka08 said:
i am having lots and lots of trouble remembering these poems!
we dont get to know the questions! the poems that we learn might not even fit the question!
1. you do not memorise the poems, you memorise the quotes, and additionally what their meanings are. Binding them together makes it easier.
2. Be creative and explain in your essay how the quotes fit your interpretation of the question. You make the question yield to you, not the other way round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)