• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help! Something happened to me today (2 Viewers)

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
Ok, so I went really bad in my first Business Report DRAFT, but I went away and spent like another 5hours on it and gave it to my Business teacher the other day.

Today I walked in to business and the teacher is using my second DRAFT as an example and saying how If i handed it in as it is, i would get full marks... woot!

Half way through, this chick that is sitting in the front row, next to the teachers papers (My draft included), asks me whether she can borrow my draft.

Obviously i said no, but when i went to ask the teacher for my paper... He couldnt find it, and he began to speculate the that chick may taken it because of 'of her character'.

Folks,

I am really concerned and really frustrated about it. This time i seriously pulled my head out and did something and it was actually gonna count.
But now, POSSIBLY theres this copy of MY WORK circulating around... Which could seriously jeoporadise my marks as well as disadvantage.

I know that BOS is really now getting serious about 'All My Own Work' and the whole 'Intellectual property' thing... So my question is, What can i do in terms of legality IF the account CANNOT account for my paper?
Can I compare this situation to as if a submitted work was lost, and ask him for full marks? I think this may be a reasonable request, considering i am disadvanted by my 'full mark' text circulating around the place, so i need something to subsidise that disadvantage.

Pardon my bad English, Thanks

jirwin

HSC
don't u have another copy on computer? if so wouldnt you be able to hand that in. your teacher has obviously read your work already so if she was to copy anything he would be aware of it.

let us know what happens :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Something similier to this happened at my school, with an economics essay.

Myself and Michael (Michael1990 on here) chased mathew (mathew1990 on here) around the school for about 20 minutes, and got a girl to through spagehtti on him. We pretty much punched him alot once we caught him.

But you should definitly speak to your teacher about what can happen, and maybe talk to students who might know whether or not she took it.

I'm not one to advocate threats, but you should defintly threaten her.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
The fact that the teacher seems to believe that she stole it is good, because it means that when she hands in her work he will be more suspicious of it (ie looking out for anything out of the ordinary). If this girl is an idiot and then hands in a peice of work that gets full marks it will be pretty obvious that she copied it. Give your teacher another copy of that draft (hopefully you have it saved on your computer or something) so that way when he marks hers and others (like her friends or other people she could have possibly given it to), he can see if there are any sections which look relatively similar to yours and could have been copied. Teachers are usually good at finding plagerism - theyve been doing it for a while. If you do not have another copy of it, talk to your teacher (and if that doesnt work) the dean of studies (or whoever is in charge of all of the education stuff in your school) about it, and try to see if what you handed to your teacher can count towards your mark. Technically it should, because it was work that you handed to your teacher before the due date with the intent to be marked. The fact that it was a draft should not matter considering the work was done.

And even if the teacher does not find anything to prove that she copied it, just remember that he said your work was worth full marks. So if you hand in your final thing to the same standard, remember that no matter how well the girl goes she cant beat full marks, and even though her mark (and rank) may end up being higher than it should, use it as motivation to try hard for the rest of your assesments to maintian/increase your rank.

Hope that helps
: )

HSC
jirwin said:
don't u have another copy on computer? if so wouldnt you be able to hand that in. your teacher has obviously read your work already so if she was to copy anything he would be aware of it.

let us know what happens :)
^ Spot on.

And don't worry if you think it might help her even if she doesn't plagarise directly; it'll only bite her later on when she doesn't get any help because of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)