Help. (urgent) (1 Viewer)

brisee

HSC
I've enrolled in that NIDA short course on video production. The 5 week one. I just made the connection then that they're going to be using Final Cut Pro and that I do not have a Mac and have never used a Mac computer in my life. I've forked out the fee for this already and I'm not exactly itching to buy another computer nor does the school or anyone I know use a Mac. On the other hand, no one really ever talks about using anything other than Final Cut Pro or iMovie-something that's any good. I have about 5 days to cancel the course if I can. What to do (twitch, scream, swear).

Sorry about that,
brisee​

temple

HSC
Take the course, I did a week long one there & it really helped. It doesn't matter that you don't use a mac, they're easy to use so is final cut, and what you learn there will help you use other editing programs if you wish. Also editing won't be the only focus of the course so why miss out on all the other stuff if you're only hesitant about that one. When I did my NIDA course I found it too be a really good starting point, so if you were keen to do it before I wouldn't disregard it just because you'll be doing a couple of lessons on a program & software you've never used before.

EDIT - =/ just realised I was on my boyfriends account, if you want to ask me anything about it contact me on my account - unaccounted.

brisee

HSC
And therefore if I can use Final Cut, I can use Premiere? Maybe? Well, thanks, I'm excited about the course and I can't wait to get started. Yay, HSC!

Shnurs

HSC
Wow, just had a look at this NIDA thing and holy #%@#% $370!
Is it really worth it?
I'm doing HSC 4U Enlgish this year (movie) and would like to know if there are any cheaper and perhaps shorter courses like this? Willing to travel to Sydney but prefer it to be near Wollongong or the South Coast.

Gracias.:guitar:

brisee

HSC
Good news. I just found out that our art department has a Mac with Final Cut Pro on it, so if they're nice enough, they might let me use it ^^

My life is settled again. Going to the course in... 20mins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)