Help with a 'lesson plan' (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Hey,
Totally random question, didnt know where to put it but here seemed the most appropriate. I just need some advice from you teacher types lol

Basically I have to do an eye dissection with 'gifted' yr 6 and 7 kids. (long story)
I know how to do the actual dissection and all, I was just wondering how to run and structure the lesson.

So far Ive decided I want my lesson to go roughly like this. The bits in bold are the things Im not sure about

1. Using a labelled diagram and possibly a model (if I can get my hands on one) talk about the features of the eye and thier function etc. (should I have some sort of intro thing before I get into this?)

2. Give out worksheet with questions to be answered about the eye/eye dissection (probably wont be able to do this during the dissection with dirty gloved hands and all, to be completed after the dissection is over?)

3. Do a quick demonstration eye dissection to show them how to do it. (dont know if i need this cos im going to give them instructions and they are supposed to be the gifted kids but considering I havent even done this myself yet dont know how difficult it will be. Maybe just talk them throught it? Will they get to bored/restless?)

4. Divide kids into groups (this is also a problem because I dont want too many students to one eye, because then they may not all get a turn. But it is incredibly difficult to get a lot of eyes, there will be 75 kids all up. Not all at once of course, only 15 kids at a time. How many kids to an eye would be ok?)

4. Let them dissect the eyes (i was planning to give them a detailed instruction sheet and just walk around guiding them and such. Do i need to walk them through it step by step? Again, I dont remember how intelligent 12 year olds are!)

5. Once they are finished, give them some time to complete the worksheets. When they are finished check the answers with them (a teacher suggested to me that I do the worksheets before the dissection, which way is better?)

If anyone can give me advice at all on this, I would greatly appreciate it. I can handle any comments, big or small, positive or negative.

Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)