• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

help with assessment task pretty please!! (1 Viewer)

rinzi

HSC
my elective is indv. and society and i have an assessment task that is absolutely drowning me.
the question is:

"ambivalence is a common feature of the period;many people viewed progress with mixed feelings. they saw technological and social change as inevitable and usually desirable, but they also feared its consequesnces and worried greatly about what would happen if reform turned into revolution.. the key for many.. was to ensure that these advances were regulated so that the social order remained intact"

use this quotation as a starting point for an evaluation of the ways in which the texts pride and prejudice, robert browning's poems explore 19th century ways of thinking.

Anyone else frightened by this question?!

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
rinzi said:
my elective is indv. and society and i have an assessment task that is absolutely drowning me.
the question is:

"ambivalence is a common feature of the period;many people viewed progress with mixed feelings. they saw technological and social change as inevitable and usually desirable, but they also feared its consequesnces and worried greatly about what would happen if reform turned into revolution.. the key for many.. was to ensure that these advances were regulated so that the social order remained intact"

use this quotation as a starting point for an evaluation of the ways in which the texts pride and prejudice, robert browning's poems explore 19th century ways of thinking.

Anyone else frightened by this question?!

What's the problem?

People want things to stay the same. With them in power. What else is new?

I'm more impressed that they failed to see the industrial revolution would lower the amount of people need for the same task. With higher unemployment worker would have no choice but to work for less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)