• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help with medium plz??? (1 Viewer)

kula

Hi,

I was just tossing up between doing a critical analysis of Orwell or a video (documentary) about the Kurdish people...I have had little experience with video but know many people who could help me.

What do you guys reckon? What would get marked better? what do the look for? Soz about all the questions hehe

Huy

HSC
N/A
The medium selected will not reflect the mark attained.
This all depends on you.

You can have a 50/50 Major Work on any medium.

I think you should know your own strengths and weaknesses, where your interests lie, and do your best.

Both critical study and film major works will be equally well, if completed well. (Makes sense). Again, this is entirely dependent on you.

Nobody can tell you "what examiners look for" because every major work is unique. You cannot say "poetry always receives 47 or higher" - because this isn't true.

They're looking for quality, across a diverse range of mediums, be it print, audio or film.

It's up to you to decide, as nobody can tell you what will best maximise your marks, or what will guarantee "more marks" over any other medium selected.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Huy is right! you should choose a medium that is best to your ability.

Just one point about doing video: make sure you have all the equipments that you require:
* vid cam (preferably a digital one)
* a good editing suite (I recommend Final Cut Pro for video editing and Adobe for sound), connecting cables
* take good care of sound, make sure you have a good quality microphone and stuff.
* lighting
Also know that how MUCH you can put in your documentary since making a video has a limited time of 6-8min

I think the most important thing about each medium is the concept and quality.

If you are still in doubt, may I recommend you to take a look at 2002 marking guideline?

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2002exams/pdf_doc/english_ext_2_er_02.pdf

Last edited:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
oh and make sure that your ideas are somehow connected to the English courses that you are studying!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)