Help with the Ionian Revolt (1 Viewer)

ilovetigers92

HSC
hi there, does anyone know any information or where to get information about the Ionian revolt. My teacher gave out a diagram to us to learn but its confusing and im getting tested on it in my trial which is a 25 mark essay on the Ionian Revolt.
Any help will do.
thanks

ilovetigers92

HSC
Please someone out there learning about the Greece world that could make me understand about the revolt.... PLEASE I will try to help you with a question of yours

Dratini

HSC
Ok, hope this isn't too late for you.

SCENE
the Ionian greeks on the coast of Asia Minor an dthe islands off the coast were ruled by the greek tyrants.

KEY PLAYERS
Ionian Greeks:
- Histaeus, former tyrant of Miletus.
- Aristogoras, tyrant of Miletus, son-in-law of Histaeus

Persians:
- darius, the king
- Megabates, cousin of darius

KEY EVENTS
1. Internal strife in Naxos. Many flee to Miletus.
2. Aristagoras sees a chance to attack Naxos and advance the Persian domination.
3. A fleet under Aristogaros and Megabates attacks Naxos. the attack fails and the fleet returns to Miletus.
4. Histaeus, held in Susa by Darius, sends a slave to Aristagoras with a secret message tattooed into the slaves head, telling Aristagoras to revolt.
5. Aristogoras travels Greece seeking support for the revolt. he gains support of Athens.
6. Sardis is destroyed in a fire by the ionions. They were defeated by the Persians on Sardis' coast (498 BC)
7. Revolt spreads throughout Ionian world.
8. Seige of Miletus in 494 BC. A great sea battle and Miletus was recaptured by the Persians. Athenians return to Athens.
9. recapture, by persia, of the ionian cities and the re-establishment of Persian supremacy.

hope this helps.:)

ilovetigers92

HSC
thankyou so much, it was late i did my trial on tuesday but i can use it for the real HSC. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)