Help? (1 Viewer)

Grech

HSC
I dont understand this? now correct me if I'm wrong, but the school you attend plays a major role in forming your UAI correct? I just find that so outrageous, people attending top of the state schools are automatically going to get a good UAI even if they screw around as an average or even low student and expect to get pulled up majorly by the rest of their year?.... what about financial difficulties, not all families have enough money to send their child to a good school, then they are disadvantaged by that fact alone, it just sounds stupid to me. Where is the logic?

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Grech said:
I dont understand this? now correct me if I'm wrong, but the school you attend plays a major role in forming your UAI correct? I just find that so outrageous, people attending top of the state schools are automatically going to get a good UAI even if they screw around as an average or even low student and expect to get pulled up majorly by the rest of their year?.... what about financial difficulties, not all families have enough money to send their child to a good school, then they are disadvantaged by that fact alone, it just sounds stupid to me. Where is the logic?
its not that easy...you gotta work hard at school and while in a good school for both ends to meet...you dont 'automatically' get scaled up, but i cbb to explain atm im sleepy and hungry...im sure someone could explain lol my bad

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Grech said:
There are plenty of threads and stuff about this already, look before you phrase yourself so stupidly and ignorantly.

Raaaaaay

HSC
People who go to a good school usually have to work dam hard to get into that school i.e pass the cut off marks for selective examinations. Students who attend top schools work hard in those schools there is close to no "Bluggers" as they all have UAI aims of at a minimum 90+. Also the assesments and exams are marked alot more harshley then comprehensive schools and the assesments are alot harder also (Know this from experience from seeing other schools examination papers.) Also what you might want to know is that in top schools then tend to offer only the harder and more advanced courses i.e in my school Normanhurst Boys High (Ranked Usually 10~25 in state last year screwd up really badly) we have about (this is for prelimanary) 78/120 people doing Ext maths, and about 60/120 people doing ext english also to add that we dont offer standard english only advanced. Also people who underperform in our school are asked to leave.

Also as a final note attending a selective high school is pretty much free of charge :D so the school isnt bias at all towards rich families etc. they only offer placement based on academical performance.

helper

HSC
N/A
Schools play no part in the marking, moderation or scaling of the HSC marks.

However, how students are treated within a school and the work culture of a school can effect how a student goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)