• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help!? (2 Viewers)

.jonny

HSC
My ranks for school are extremely bad.
Last in physics,
last extension one maths,
Bottom 10% in adv english
and mid range for
maths 2U
economics
business studies

so if I do really well in the HSC exam, how will that affect my UAI?

for example, my english raw mark is 52%. and i get 80% in the HSC exam, what effect will it have?

blackmage

HSC
I don't know.

I was told, if you came last in a subject, and in the HSC exam, whoever comes last in that exam, that mark will go to you.

For your sake, I hope that's not the case.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Bottom ranked will recieve the bottom exam mark as their assessment mark. The HSC mark is made up haldf of your assessment rank and half of your HSC exam mark.

So in say ext1 maths, if the lowest exam mark is 15%, but you get 80%. The 15% will becoem your assessment mark, and the 80% will be your exam mark. So your overall HSC mark would be approximately 47.5.

I'm also not great at extension maths.

blackmage

HSC
So what I don't understand is, where does the student assessment mark come into play?

Like, as in the assessments we had to do throughout the year.

.jonny

HSC
does that mean if i do well in these exams, i can hope for a UAI over 50?

henry08

HSC
N/A
Student assessment mar is relevant, but not so much so. Ranks are more important. The person ranked first at a school in a subject gets the top exam mark as their assessment rank (whether they obtain this or not), while the person ranked last gets the lowest exam mark as their assessment.

The assessment marks of peopel in between are aligned. I.e. if you were second, but only just behind person 1, your assessment mark woudl only be slightly lower than theires. However if you were 40% behind them, then there will be a big differernce behind the school/assessment marks of the top 2 people.The gap between students in their ranks and assessment marks is maintained when aligning the exam marks to become assessment marks.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Whats shit, is that there is two people in my physics class. I came second, by a total of 0.6%. However, the kid who came first fails at nearly every exam (eg. he got 39% in trial whereas i got 79%).
so yeah. grr

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
henry08 said:
Bottom ranked will recieve the bottom exam mark as their assessment mark. The HSC mark is made up haldf of your assessment rank and half of your HSC exam mark.

So in say ext1 maths, if the lowest exam mark is 15%, but you get 80%. The 15% will becoem your assessment mark, and the 80% will be your exam mark. So your overall HSC mark would be approximately 47.5.

I'm also not great at extension maths.

i concer

obiman

HSC
Darnie said:
Whats shit, is that there is two people in my physics class. I came second, by a total of 0.6%. However, the kid who came first fails at nearly every exam (eg. he got 39% in trial whereas i got 79%).
so yeah. grr
wait ok so u came second even tho the guy beating u failed his trials and u owned him massively??????? how can that happen??? i mean how did u come second to him if he got owned in trials unless u fucked everything else

henry08

HSC
N/A
Darnie said:
so yeah. grr
So the guy wiped the floor with you in assignments/do at home projects (and you're suggesting he was helped?) ? Otherwise how'd he ever get ahead of you?

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
obiman said:
wait ok so u came second even tho the guy beating u failed his trials and u owned him massively??????? how can that happen??? i mean how did u come second to him if he got owned in trials unless u fucked everything else
yeah i kinda bombed a prac assessment and the trial was only worth 10%

henry08

HSC
N/A
A trial worth 10%. That sucks, usually they are worth 30-40% of assessment marks.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I know how easy it is to screw up a prac. I screwed up one myelf in Chemistry (electrochemistry), and still doen okay, but I could have done better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)