HELP (1 Viewer)

DarkOperator618

HSC
Ayo

anyone got any tips for writing history extension essays for trials and hsc?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Here are some tips which I believe may help:

Section I:

Firstly, you should start by highlighting important points/arguments that are relevant to the question. Try to find around 3-4 points to discuss from the source, you should try to write those points in your own words. Where applicable, a good thing to do would be to state whether you agree or disagree with a particular point.

Section II:

Due to the sources for this section being quite smaller than those in Section I, your essay might be easier to plan. Here are some tips to consider for your Section II essay (where applicable):
  1. Read the quote and rewrite it in your own words.
  2. Choose an area of debate from your case study.
  3. Consider whether each of the schools of history reflects this view and how?
Some general tips for History Extension also include:
  • Avoid memorising essays because while such an approach may be effective for English, it won't be for History Extension. This is because you must explicitly refer to the source and the arguments it presents.
  • History Extension essays are rather analytical essays, meaning that you must establish a critical judgement/opinion of the arguments raised in the source. Where applicable, elaborate on why each historian's approach to history was positive/negative, which can be done by exploring both sides of the argument and criticising the one you believe is incorrect through an analysis of methodology, evidence and bias.
I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)