Help (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am wondering whether it is ok to use a Coleridges poem and Journey to the Interior as they are both poems, because I will be using A beautiful mind (film) and Alice in Wonderland (novel) for my related texts. I sort of know The Ivory Trail but not as in depth as Journey to Interior so you better reply with "no you should be OK" lol.

Firnovvwen

HSC
No you should be OK...lol

Umm, it may be better to use a different text, for Journey to the Interior is a poem, and you want to do another poem, just to vary your techniques. But, if you know them both well, you should be good.

I'm only doing one related text though, along with my stimulus text and my prescribed text, (which makes three, wow, I can count) and I think three should be enough.

Good luck anyway!

xxGxx

HSC
They will be fine, because both Coleridges poetry and Journey To The Interior are both prescribed texts and you are going to have to talk about them! So you'll be right ... Good Luck!

xxGxx

HSC
Just a quick not *Firnovvwen* umm you will still need two peices of related material! They ususally ask you to discuss one coleridge Poem, one text from the Stim booklet and two of your own material! .. Good Luck though!

HSC
Before my trial exam I just studied one of Coleridges poems, one stimulus text and 2 related texts because thats what we needed to do for an assessment. But when i got in the exam it specified 2 stimulus texts and only one related texts....lucky it didnt happen in the actual HSC.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
IN THEORY the Board of Studies could actually specify a stimulus booklet text. However, this is highly unlikely.

A poem and a poem is a good idea because it allows you to compare techniques effectively then two different related texts demonstrates that you have variety too. 4 completley different texts isn't always a good thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)