• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hey, n00b at board ! (1 Viewer)

Banshee

Hi there !

Wandering the web as i usually do i encountered this board which seems friendly enough for me to join :D

My name is Paul, i've just moved to Sydney ( North Sydney ) a few weeks ago. What else... im 22, fresh from Argentina :p

I enjoy clubbin ( you people have to tell me where to go cause im clueless :uhhuh: ) also enjoy working with the computer, getting to know sydney and different places ...

Anyway, just hoping to make friends

mack

Banned
HSC
I went cxlubbing tonight. I had the scariest experience, i was waiting outside this club and this drunk, 40 yr old chick got thrown out, and she started hugging me, telling me not to go in. She had the longest nails too, and was digging into my flesh. The bouncers wouldnt let me into the club either, i left myID with a friend. So i was left outside with the zombie women, who just wouldnt let go of me. She eventually sat down and i ran as fast as I possibly could, just to get away from her. I am still shaking from the experience.(Or maybe its just all the booze i drank?)

Banshee

jejeje, that I miss a lot.

In spanish we call it , descontrolar como loco.

Go ahead a pick up an english-spanish diccionary :D

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol i just find it funny

asians goes kekekek, so spanish is jejejeje, english is hehehe

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
It all depends what music you are into. Please note, this guide is incomplete!

What?
Sublime @ Home.

Where?
Home Nightclub, Cockle Bay, Sydney. Next to IMAX.

When?
Friday Nights, 11pm to Sunrise.

Cover Charge?
$25 standard, $20 members, with discounts on certain nights, and increased prices at special events.

Dress Code?
Strictly Casual/Urban. Buttoned shirts, business/formal attire, black leather shoes (IE the ones that would go with your suit ) are ill advised as you will be turned away. Leather sneakers and runners acceptable. Standard dress for guys is usually a jacket, t-shirt, jeans, and leather sneakers. Girls is usually the same, maybe with a skirt or something similar. Security is a lot stricter with guys. Go figure.

Crowd?
Younger, 18-25. Mixed races, but usually segregated. Generally relaxed, most people are happy to talk (but the occassional arsehole DOES pop up), and everyone's welcome.

Music?
Four individual arenas/rooms. Voodoo playing Hard Trance, Sublounge playing Hiphop, Cargo playing House, and Beatfix playing Breaks. Regular DJs include Pee Wee Ferris, Nik Fish, Amber Savage, Jumping Jack, Elroy, Kid Kenobi, Q45, Kate Monroe and more.

Average Drink?
Fucking Expensive. A can of Redbull will set you back $7.50. Best bet would be to buy a bottle of water for the measely sum of $5, have the barperson drop a little Grenadine cordial in for flavour, then fill the bugger up in the toilets throughout the night.

Venue?
Home is touted as one of the best nightclub venues in Sydney, and it lives up to its reputation. With a total of 3 bars open, and four different rooms playing a wide variety of electronic music, it is a club many of Sydney's young adults have called THEIR home over the past decade.
With a sophisticated lighting and laser setup, along with a pumping sound system, Sublime @ Home is almost always an enjoyable night out. Assuming that's your style.
Overall Rating? 8.5/10

What?
Plastic @ Rogues

Where?
Rogues on Oxford Street

When?
Friday Nights, 10pm onwards (I think).

Cover Charge?
$20 standard, $15 for members.

Dress Code?
More or less non existant as far as I know. It's a relaxed venue, and frequented by alot of ravers. So pretty much whatever. No thongs ofcourse

Crowd?
Younger, 18-25. Many ravers, mostly fried people, but still, they are pretty cool. if not a little more reclusive then the average clubber. No racial segregation, everyone mingles well enough.

Music: Hard Trance, Breaks etc. Residents include Nervous, John Ferris and BeXta.

Average Drink?
Would probably be on par with Sublime and other nightclubs, maybe a little cheaper. I don't know, didn't buy anything that night.

Venue:
Rogues blows goats. Period. I hated the place from the moment I entered. The atmosphere just doesn't suit a nightclub. The main area as you enter, looks like an a-typical water hole (being that Rogues is a bar) with a pair of decks that reside infront of the stairs up to the only toilets in the venue (that I could find). Head on downstairs, and fuck me, it's like a gothic BDSM dungeon (OK, a little exageration there). Although I don't mind the Victorian (the funky couches up the back) and Gothic (the general construction of the lower level) styled influences, but to me they'd better suit more darkwave trance and gabber. Not the stuff I heard (Hardcore, Hard Trance etc.). Oh yeah, and the 'dungeon' reaked of vomit when I attended. So that didn't reflect well on ventilation or cleanliness.

Overall Rating: 7/10
Venue: 4/10 (The venue sucks in my eyes, but the music is still awesome).

What?
After Ours

Where?
YU Nightclub, 171 Victoria St Potts Point/Kings Cross (It's like 50 metres walk from the cross, next to SOHO Bar).

When?
Sundays, 10pm - 6am.

Cover Charge?
$10 standard, $5 members.

Dress Code?
Neat/Smart Casual Urban style. This is a house/funky house club, so dress nicely, and you'll have no probs. phat pants, thongs, etc etc not advised.

Crowd?
Although friendly, this slightly older crowd, around 20-30, is surprisingly antisocial. However, this is not surprising as AO is usually the next stop after Sounds on Sunday, and most people have been partying a good majority of the weekend, and are generally just buggered.

Music?
Funky and Chilled House, with a little commercial thrown in to the mix. DJs include Shamus, Seven and others. None I really know that much about.

Average Drink?
Fairly average, about $3-4 for a glass of coke.

Venue?
YU is a modern, funky venue, with plenty of seating, a reasonable dance floor, and one large double sided bar (basically runs through the midle of the nightclub... I think). Notable touches are padded (yes, as in soft and squishy) walls, very comfortable couches, and smooth funky music. However, one thing that irritates the fuck out of me, is the toilets. Those bloody confusing toilets. See, you have to go downstairs to get to them. However, said toilets are totally and utterly mirrored. Walls, ceilings, doors. The lot (Except the floor, thank god). The cubicles are bearable, as you know where the door is. However, the urinal area, is a big square, mirrored room. You try navigating that in any state ther then totally and utterly sober, and then you'll understand why I was lost in the sqaure urinal room for 10 minutes.
Overall Score? 7/10

What?
Together @ Home

Where?
Home Nightclub, Cockle Bay, Sydney. Next to IMAX.

When?
Saturday Nights, 11pm till Sunrise.

Cover Charge?
$25 standard, $20 for Terrace members.

Dress Code?
Smart casual, collared shirts advised, sneakers are a no go as far as I know. It's confusing, as the last time I went I dressed in my typical clubbing gear and was knocked back for being too casual. So, you best bet would be a nice collared shirt, jeans, leather shoes of some sort and a nice urban jacket (security doesn't like sports jackets -IE. Lonsdale etc.).

Crowd?
Varied, usually an older crowd, as Together is targeted at older audiences, being 25-30, however 18-30 would be more accurate. Generally a more chilled crowd then Together's evil twin Sublime. People are friendly and relaxed.

Music?
House is the flavour of the night, from Hard House, Funky House to Funky Breaks, if House happens to be your style, there's a good chance Together will offer it. Once I know which DJs are currently resident (will research now) I will fix this up.

Average Drink?
Same as Sublime. Expensive.

Venue?
Refer to Sublime.

Overall Rating? 7/10

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
come to the shire =) hahah

not as many woggie guys as the city.. but shire sux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)