High Speed Granny (2 Viewers)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
75 year old woman, has Worlds fastest home Broadband connection at 40Gbps

A 75 year old woman from Karlstad in central Sweden has been thrust into the IT history books - with the world’s fastest internet connection.

Sigbritt Löthberg’s home has been supplied with a blistering 40 Gigabits per second connection, many thousands of times faster than the average residential link and the first time ever that a home user has experienced such a high speed.

But Sigbritt, who had never had a computer until now, is no ordinary 75 year old. She is the mother of Swedish internet legend Peter Löthberg who, along with Karlstad Stadsnät, the local council’s network arm, has arranged the connection.
http://www.voodish.co.uk/articles/7...-fastest-home-broadband-connection-at-40gbps/

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Sigbritt will now be able to enjoy 1,500 high definition HDTV channels simultaneously. Or, if there is nothing worth watching there, she will be able to download a full high definition DVD in just two seconds.
Holy COW

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
.......... it's not fair!!! :angry: I have to wait five minutes for one frickin page to load, and in that time she can download the whole of america. BOOOO

but, yeah. wow. :jaw:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
fkn old people! They clog up our roads and hospitals, and now this!

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
now she just needs a server that has an upstream of even one hundredth that speed.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
And here i am with my 1.5mb connection.

Bloody ironic.

Pace_T

HSC
i bet she'll get bombarded with viruses a lot quicker too! haha

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Nobody Listened said:
try 512
no actually more like 28.8 coz i went over 5gig limit o_O
I don't know how I managed on a 10gig limit for such a long time. So far this month 81.064gig.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
What the hell kind of networking gear does she have on her end?

I'd lol if she had that 40GBps link attached to 10/100MBps router. Or even just a gigabit router.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Excalibur_ said:
What the hell kind of networking gear does she have on her end?

I'd lol if she had that 40GBps link attached to 10/100MBps router. Or even just a gigabit router.
That'd exactly what i was thinking. Also, arent most SATA hard drives nowadays only rated at 3gbit/s transfer (or is it 300mbit?). Sure you could download a HD DVD movie in 2 seconds, but good luck actually getting it written onto your hard drive in that time :p

It'd be pretty cool to live in her town...54mbit connection for everybody :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)