high UAI.. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

louise08

HSC
I've noticed that most people are aiming 95+ for UAI. I read a thread about parents being disappointed with 98.55.
If I got 95+ I think I would faint with joy, as would my parents.

I'm in year 11 and my average result would be 70%, I'm not the brainiest girl around getting as low as 64% this year. but I do go well also, with getting 100% in some assignments this year.

ANYWAY.. my point is.. I would be happy with UAI of 75. Over the moon with 80!!

Is everyone on this site very intelligent? Or should I be aiming higher? Cause aiming for 95 just seems totally unrealistic and rare to a year 11er?

xx

HSC
aim for your best, just whatever YOU can do, not everyone is going to get 95+, doing your best is all you can/should do :)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
approx 50% of students will get a UAI of 65 or less but it doesnt mean that they shouldn't aim higher. :)

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
louise08 said:
Or should I be aiming higher?
your aim should be a challenge, but not unrealistic. you shouldn't feel the need to aim higher than your personal goal based on what others are aiming for. also, bear in mind there are always disappointed people when the uais are rolled out.

louise08 said:
Cause aiming for 95 just seems totally unrealistic and rare to a year 11er?
i think you'll find a fair few year 11s with this as their goal...

at the end of the day, while your performance is relative to everyone else's, your degree of satisfaction with what you end up with shouldn't be; especially if you achieve what you set out to.

lol, save the uai related freakouts for year 12 :)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Not everyone is a genius. Its about doing your personal best and coming out satisfied.
People will read the comments on your last report and the bands on your HSC long than they'll give two stuffs about your UAI.

75 is perfectly respectable UAI and totally acheivable. Its about being happy with yourself and not feeling the need to compare your satisfaction with someone elses.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
goals should be:
S - specific
M - measurable
A - achievable
R - realistic
T - time managed???

the main purpose of a uai is to rank you against others to see whether or not you are competitive enough to get into the course you want. hence your aim should ideally be whatever the cut off for youre preferred course plus one or two points on top of that.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'd be pretty pissed if I got 97 but didn't make it into the course I want.

louise08

HSC
thanks for the quick replies. I wasn't comparing myself to everyone.. i was just shocked I supposed by the amount of people aiming for 95+. When most exams I aim for 70%, but then again I know year 11 doesn't compare what so ever.

thanks x

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Really, the HSC is fucking easy. If you're struggling to hit 85-90s when you actually try there's something wrong with you

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Rhanoct said:
Really, the HSC is fucking easy. If you're struggling to hit 85-90s when you actually try there's something wrong with you
Pretty sure it depends on the school.
Some mark really hard, apparently, and some mark easy.
So you can't generalise like that, I suppose.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Rhanoct said:
QFT.

HSC
Hollieee said:
Pretty sure it depends on the school.
Some mark really hard, apparently, and some mark easy.
So you can't generalise like that, I suppose.
You think that isn't factored in when calculating the UAI? It's why rank is more important than raw mark in the internals.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Yes, I know, my point was merely that Rhanoct said if you're struggling to hit 85-90's then there's something wrong with you.
But at some schools, nobody gets that high, and 70's-80's are good marks.
Which is why the rank IS more important =)

I wasn't complaining that it wasn't taken into account, I was just saying surely you can't generalise if they're being marked internally.
Which they obviously are.

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
im lacking motivation because i have no idea what course to do.

=.=

so i guess it's 100 for me!

(AS IF)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Yeah, I'm starting to get heaps down about uni.
I'm having so much trouble deciding what I want to do, and then once I do, I have to actually be good enough.
So >_<

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Hollieee said:
Yes, I know, my point was merely that Rhanoct said if you're struggling to hit 85-90's then there's something wrong with you.
But at some schools, nobody gets that high, and 70's-80's are good marks.
Which is why the rank IS more important =)

I wasn't complaining that it wasn't taken into account, I was just saying surely you can't generalise if they're being marked internally.
Which they obviously are.
Sigh, you can get 100 UAI at any school you attend, regardless of it's ranking.

Rhanoct said:
True, that is if you're actually making an effort rather than a half assed one.

All my mates (whom achieved 95+) say just decent study and you'll get 90+ no worries.

Paj20

HSC
Rhanoct said:
lol cause your so good and shit..

your an idiot mate.

conics2008

HSC
tommykins said:
True, that is if you're actually making an effort rather than a half assed one.

All my mates (whom achieved 95+) say just decent study and you'll get 90+ no worries.
what mates, internet people dont count as freinds. ????:argue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)