• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

History student needs help... (1 Viewer)

L. Mandrake

HSC
Hey all, as per above, I placed first internally at a decent school in Modern, Ancient, and Extension History, but people keep telling me they're counting on me to get good marks for the school and bring them up. like how does this even work?, I'm really confused, and I don't want to let/bring anybody down. I don't do maths because I focus on history (clearly), so scaling, and alignment and raw maks whatever it is, is actually Greek to me. If anybody could explain it to me that would be amazing and I'd be so grateful.

pilot_djeddie

HSC
Hey all, as per above, I placed first internally at a decent school in Modern, Ancient, and Extension History, but people keep telling me they're counting on me to get good marks for the school and bring them up. like how does this even work?, I'm really confused, and I don't want to let/bring anybody down. I don't do maths because I focus on history (clearly), so scaling, and alignment and raw maks whatever it is, is actually Greek to me. If anybody could explain it to me that would be amazing and I'd be so grateful.
AH MY FELLOW HISTORY NERD (except that I just do Modern and Ext.), I think that as the person who is ranked first, the higher your marks are, the better the distribution of the marks I believe. That's because the HSC acts as a "mark distributor" in which the amount of marks you and your cohort receive is based on how well everyone performs. I'll attach an Eddie Woo video that best explains it:

L. Mandrake

HSC
Thank you for that! Eddie Woo should be the HSC history mascot at this point. Why can't the bloody curriculum people at my school tell it to us like this... makes a bit more sense now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)