Hitler Help (1 Viewer)

saki

hey ppl, i need some help from you moden history students..

im thinking of using a documentary of hitler as my related text for english. What i need is some info of how he managed ( his techniques, the ways) to gain power.

so i was wondering, how did he do it? through his speeches? deception?
examples would be great too :)

thx alot!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Aargh well you can't really answer that question in one post, try and grab a legal syllabus maybe and that will have a dotpoint that gives you the main ideas and give you an idea of where to research

Benno

HSC
he used Terror aswell.

hey saki what text is it for? what are u going to releate it bak to?

saki

thx for the input guys

keep em comin

he used Terror aswell.

hey saki what text is it for? what are u going to releate it bak to?
i was thinking of using hitler documentary for my related text for powerplay. Hopefully i can relate it to Caesar and animal farm since they all use the power of language to gain power. So i was hoping hitler could some how relate with these 2 in the way he manipualted the public ( just like antony in caesar and napeleon in animal farm)

what do u think? :)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Ok - Hitler had a *lot* of methods to gaining/maintaining power. But if you want to focus on language I'd suggest looking at the phraseology and nazi terminolgy that developed and perpetuated the hitler myth. Things like "one reich, one fuhrer" or "children, church and kitchen" to be the aims of women that were promulgated in propaganda.

Using ubermenschen/untermenschen to glorify the aryan race and appealing to the people's love of the country and a desire to return to a simpler, more agricultural life away from the corruption and pollution of the cities...? Part of the nazi ideal they perpetuated was that of a "classless" society, yet they continued to disseminate information that prized the farmer, prized the woman as only a mother and praised the soldier...not to forget all the racial stuff as well. The language they used conveyed a lot about their intentions for Germany and Hitler manipulated it a lot in order to garner support.

In Riefenstahl's "triumph of the will" for example. Hitler alluded to the farmers being the soldiers against the land...and glorified the solder - he was already starting to encourage therefore a sense of nationalism/militarism whilst ostensibly supporting peaceful rural lives...Watch the film!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)