• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Honuors in Economics, Second chance? (1 Viewer)

zbzb51

HSC
I'm currently in my second year of my Bachelor of Economics degree. Although i intend to do an honours in Economics, i didn't put in any effort last year and as a result i did not make it in. I only recently found out about honours, masters degree etc. Can any one tell me whether its still possible to try again for honours this year? and how? would i have to repeat first year economics? what subjects would i have to do and what kind of grades would i need? i read online that in order to be considered for honours you will need a credit average. does this mean an overall credit average or only in the relevant subjects.

Also, if you fail a subject, does that still count towards your degree? would it be included in wam/gpa? since i need to complete a minimum of 144 credit points in my degree does that mean i'll need ot make up for the ones that are lost as a result of failing at the end of my degree? is there a quota on the number of credit points we are allowed to complete in a certain degree? could i use the extra subjects to improve my wam/gpa?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
I'm currently in my second year of my Bachelor of Economics degree. Although i intend to do an honours in Economics, i didn't put in any effort last year and as a result i did not make it in. I only recently found out about honours, masters degree etc. Can any one tell me whether its still possible to try again for honours this year? and how? would i have to repeat first year economics? what subjects would i have to do and what kind of grades would i need? i read online that in order to be considered for honours you will need a credit average. does this mean an overall credit average or only in the relevant subjects. Thank in advance.

overall credit avergae
>70 in economics subjects I believe to be considered for honours

Also once you pass a unit I'm pretty sure you can't do it again

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
If you pass a unit you can't do it again.

However, if you maintain a distinction average in second year ECOS subjects you may be admitted to the Honours stream. You could also try emailing Diane (the Honours coordinator) and pleading your case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)