hospitality (1 Viewer)

aznchickie

im confused about hospitality. i know that theres a board for this but noone ever goes there anyway. for those of you that does hospitality, can you plz clarify something for me?
is it true that we have no assessments all year, and everything we do at school counts only towards the log book?
and the uai, instead of being adjusted to 50% school mark and 50% hsc mark, is based 100% on the HSC mark?
and what do we get tested about in the HSC exams- only the core units or everything we learn including salad making (because ive looked at past hospitaltiy hsc exams and none of them have questions about salad making)?
is it true that hospitality scales so badly that even if you do well in the"hard" subjects, hospitaltiy will pull you down so badly that you lose like 50% of what you actually got for the hsc mark?

del

HSC
N/A
i didn't do hospitality, but as its a VET course its the same more as the other VET coures.

Your school may have assessments in order for teachers to mark of your competentencies. You do sit a trial hsc for it, and the mark is submitted to the board, however the mark submitted is not used at all unless you file for misadventure or something similar... so yes, it is based 100% on your hsc exam mark.

in the hsc exams, they can only test you on the hsc requirements, anything that is not a hsc requirement will not be tested

it'll only scale badly if you do do fantastically in it... VET courses generally 'scale' worse than Cat A subjects, but if you do very very good in them, it is much better than if you did a Cat A subject and did average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)