how biochemistry supports evolution--- help please! (1 Viewer)

blue_n_white

HSC
I need an example of how biochemistry is used to support the theory of evoltuion and the whole thing with the common ancestor...
please help.

cloud watcher

HSC
im not a wizz at bio but i found some info on one of the sheets my teacher gave me says:

* Analysis of blood-
Scientists have found that DNA and the proteins it produces can provide evidence about evolution. If 2 new species evolve from a common ancestor, their DNA and protein molecules slowly change and become different.

*The Cytochrome-c evidence-
Cytochrome-c is a protein involved in the cellular respiration biochemical pathways of all living things. The number of differences in the amino acid sequence in this protein taken from different organisms can be used as an indicator of evolutionary relationships. The fewer the differences, the more closely related are the organisms. Thus possible common ancestory can be concluded

hope that helped... and i hope its right too as i said before not a wizz at bio :)

blue_n_white

HSC
lol .. thank you so much ...
if not a wiz ... you must atleast be better than me lol
thanks again

Boonyak

HSC
– Biochemistry:
 All organisms share the same basic biochemistry. They all:
 Consist primarily of organic compounds
 Share a common genetic code of DNA or RNA
 Rely on enzymes to control chemical reactions
 Share the same cell membrane structure
 Rely on cellular respiration to make energy for cell processes (except chemosynthetic bacteria)
 Similarities in the base-pairing of DNA strands have been analysed to show evolutionary links between organisms
 The amino-acid sequence of certain proteins found in many organisms (such as haemoglobin and cytochrome-c) has been analysed across a range of organisms, and similarities provides evidence for evolution in general

I suggest you download Ahmad Shah idils hsc notes just google it. Imo world best :p, i use them and get band 6's :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)