how can i save my biology mark before prelims (1 Viewer)

cauliflower00001

HSC
My biology grade was really good at the beginning of the year, but I recently got a mark back from last term's assessment and it was barely a pass. I'm honestly putting a lot of it down to just never receiving real teaching anymore - we're made to watch videos the whole lesson and do work in a booklet, and our teacher leaves us to work everything out ourselves even though she's at the front of the class - it's destroying my marks and my motivation because no one is helping us understand.

Prelims are getting closer and I really need to improve so I can perform well in my exam because it's not looking good tbh. To any ex students or any year 12s, what areas of revision should I focus on the most? Please help

MrMemer1234

HSC
I am in the same situation, but with business studies. My teacher puts up an Atomi video or two, makes us take notes and then forces us to study by ourselves at home otherwise we get detention.

Before assessments, I usually ask my friends for other teacher's slideshows, read the textbook and study on Atomi. Its not a perfect fix, but theres no other option.

ajajdejalf

HSC
My biology grade was really good at the beginning of the year, but I recently got a mark back from last term's assessment and it was barely a pass. I'm honestly putting a lot of it down to just never receiving real teaching anymore - we're made to watch videos the whole lesson and do work in a booklet, and our teacher leaves us to work everything out ourselves even though she's at the front of the class - it's destroying my marks and my motivation because no one is helping us understand.

Prelims are getting closer and I really need to improve so I can perform well in my exam because it's not looking good tbh. To any ex students or any year 12s, what areas of revision should I focus on the most? Please help
Maybe talk to other science teachers in the faculty to reiterate topics you don't understand. I recommend learning from textbooks like bio in focus, which also gives practise questions to ensure you understand the topic. If you search up the Bio in focus textbook there should be an online website that has a pdf copy. Also for prelims I would start doing past papers now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)