• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How can you fail in yr11? (1 Viewer)

bunta

nugo
HSC
hey guys, lets just say im doing really bad in chemistry, i haven't passed a single assessment or exam yet in yr11? would that stop me from passing yr11? but then i consider dropping it next yr, what would happen?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I think that on your report, you would just get a non-award for chemistry, and it would not be on your certificate of completed preliminary courses. If you're dropping it, then it shouldn't really matter.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
it doesn't work like that. you could fail every assessment for a subject in yr11 and still pass yr 11....all that matters is that you do well in yr12. the reason you do yr 11 is because its the basis to what you learn in yr 12. just do your best....then study hard core in yr12 to get a good uai.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
as long as you make a decent attempt at assessments and tests, 99.9999% of the time you'd still pass.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Meh, as long as you make a serious attempt at everything and hand in assessments on time you'll pass. It doesn't matter what marks you get.
I failed year 11 maths ext 1 and I'm now coming 3rd in maths ext 2.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Meh, as long as you make a serious attempt at everything and hand in assessments on time you'll pass. It doesn't matter what marks you get.
I failed year 11 maths ext 1 and I'm now coming 3rd in maths ext 2.
Are you serious? I didn't even fail year 11 maths ext 1. I was 5% above failing, (LOL) but I wasn't allowed to do maths ext 2.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Yup. My teacher let everyone who wanted do ext 2. He said it was our choice and that we were all capable if we put in the work....Granted, he knew that in year 11 none of us worked, I think he figured year 12 might be different....

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
well at least you completed the course and all the average requirements then yeah they will let you do it next year, dont worry im doin realli bad at maths as well, but my school wil let me keep it for nxt year. however if you dunt understand the subject or have no instrest in it then drop it because you not gonna do well in its.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)