• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do I get into Pharmacyyy? (1 Viewer)

hafsah_

HSC
Heyyy,
I hope this message finds you well!!

I just wanted to ask what the difference is between a regular Bachelor's degree and an Advanced one; specifically a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Advanced Science as well as a Bachelor of Medical Science and a Bachelor of Advanced Medical Science. Also, with either of the four, will I be able to do Pharmacy after and how because I can't find anything on it? If not with these courses, which other course will enable me to get into Pharmacy?

Thank youuu

liamkk112

HSC
Heyyy,
I hope this message finds you well!!

I just wanted to ask what the difference is between a regular Bachelor's degree and an Advanced one; specifically a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Advanced Science as well as a Bachelor of Medical Science and a Bachelor of Advanced Medical Science. Also, with either of the four, will I be able to do Pharmacy after and how because I can't find anything on it? If not with these courses, which other course will enable me to get into Pharmacy?

Thank youuu
you should aim to get into an undergrad in pharmacy rather than do a bsci if thats what you're set on, if you're still unsure thats fine but, if you do not do pharmacy as an undergrad, you need to take a calculus course, statistics course, 4 chemistry courses, 2 biochemistry courses, 4 pharmacology classes, and 4 physiology classes (it changes based on the uni but something similar to this), so you will need to take that as an undergrad inside of your regular bachelor of science, look at each uni's requirements for their masters for specifics. also, advanced science basically just means more advanced units, but for undergrad pharamcy these are the (main) courses in nsw:

or similar

hafsah_

HSC
you should aim to get into an undergrad in pharmacy rather than do a bsci if thats what you're set on, if you're still unsure thats fine but, if you do not do pharmacy as an undergrad, you need to take a calculus course, statistics course, 4 chemistry courses, 2 biochemistry courses, 4 pharmacology classes, and 4 physiology classes (it changes based on the uni but something similar to this), so you will need to take that as an undergrad inside of your regular bachelor of science, look at each uni's requirements for their masters for specifics. also, advanced science basically just means more advanced units, but for undergrad pharamcy these are the (main) courses in nsw:

or similar
Ohhh okayy,

I don't know how would I be taking them as an undergrad within a B of Sci though; is it some form of application I need to declare? Also, how do I find out the courses/classes you listed? Could you please let me know??

Thank you so muchh

liamkk112

HSC
Ohhh okayy,

I don't know how would I be taking them as an undergrad within a B of Sci though; is it some form of application I need to declare? Also, how do I find out the courses/classes you listed? Could you please let me know??

Thank you so muchh
if you're taking a bachelor of science, you have to pick the units as electives or better to major in the relevant areas. eg at usyd they have a major in pharamacology, that would allow you to take the relevant pharmacology classes and similar for the other areas. in general it would probably be best to major in pharamcology and physiology as that would basically give u all the required units. it is much better to do a pharmacy undergrad instead though, it just makes your life easier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)