• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do late round offers work? (1 Viewer)

emi ye

I am a bit confused about the whole 'late round' thing so can someone explain how late round offers work? Do you get late rounds if your first or original preferences don't get filled up?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well actually the cut-off often rises in the later rounds as people who missed out on first preferances (say the cut-off was 99 and they had a UAI of 97) got offered in first round for their second pref say a 95, declined hoping for first still. So this person with a 97 in the smaller pool of late/final round candidates will likely push the cut-off up.

I found a good web-site showing the cut-offs in each round from last year, it showed them climbing as the offers progressed (unfortunately I lost the link), above is my explanation for why.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You can accept the offer and still be offered a late round spot.

You aren't under an obligation to take the late round spot as far as I know, but no point making it if you wont take it.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I got a Main Round offer to the BMus, and a Final Round offer to the BA (Informatics). I had already accepted the offer to the BMus, and I figured that it would be better to remain there than to start off at the bottom of the class for the BA (Informatics). Perhaps I should have taken the second offer after all :(

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz remember if u want to accept late round offer, withdraw wut ever enrolled in main round... or else u will be charged twice the hecs, because as some one pointed out, if there's a dispute between the students and teh admin of uni, unless u can prove it's the uni's fault, it's always ur fault...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If you dont get your first preference in the main round you will automatically be considered for all preferences above the one you were offered in latter rounds even if you accept the main round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)