How do yall get those 'harder' questions at the end of the paper (2 Viewers)

hiiitsme

HSC
ugggh just give me covid so i can die peacefully

feel kinda sick after just trying to complete a trial and going relatively well then getting to the end of the paper and start dropping marks like their fkn babies (jk)

This seems to be a recurring theme and want to know how you guys approach these harder type questions at the end of the paper and manage to get them right. I go well on time, like I'm not rushing, but just want to know any advice on how yall approach these questions. How can I improve when it feels like a brick wall

If an equation is a thought of god, then god needs to stop being such a cryptic b****** (jk ramanujan luv you)

dasfas

HSC
Hard questions will always use mathematical "tools" that you already know, but perhaps apply them in a slightly novel fashion. You can increase the tools you know and the range of applications just by doing, you guessed it, more hard questions.

I used to struggle a lot with the last question of the paper, but the more practice I did, the more it came naturally to me.

hiiitsme

HSC
Hard questions will always use mathematical "tools" that you already know, but perhaps apply them in a slightly novel fashion. You can increase the tools you know and the range of applications just by doing, you guessed it, more hard questions.

I used to struggle a lot with the last question of the paper, but the more practice I did, the more it came naturally to me.
Would you recommend only doing the last couple of questions of a past paper or still doing the whole paper?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Would you recommend only doing the last couple of questions of a past paper or still doing the whole paper?
Skip the qs you can do in your head. Like basically you already know the steps to solve for it. As for getting the harder qs, ask ur teacher/tutor.

hiiitsme

HSC
Skip the qs you can do in your head. Like basically you already know the steps to solve for it. As for getting the harder qs, ask ur teacher/tutor.
dont have a tutor and my teacher has the personality of a toaster and dont think he likes me too much so we stay out of each others way.... thats why Im here!

specificagent1

HSC
dont have a tutor and my teacher has the personality of a toaster and dont think he likes me too much so we stay out of each others way.... thats why Im here!
well upload the questions here and we would help or join a discord with other students or something

dasfas

HSC
The whole paper, definitely.

You will probably lose more marks from silly mistakes than you will from not being able to do the last question. Unless the questions are completely trivial and just busywork for you, do them all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)