how do you calculate your estimated atar(through uac compass and other calcs)? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys how do i calculate my estimated atar?
i've tried using compasses such as the UAC one but i've heard that its based off your raw hsc mark, and for i think it was carrot's atar calc im abit slow so i don't know how to work it. So what i'm asking is can i guess my predicted/estimate atar at this current moment? Or should i use marks closer towards the HSC exams.

aqwerty13402

HSC
replying so i get notified when this is replied to

carrotsss

HSC
there are 2 ways you can approach estimating your ATAR:

You can estimate your ATAR based on what your school assessment marks might be - this is done by comparing your ranking in each subject to the number of band 6s your school usually gets in each of the subjects, if you’re ranked fifth and your school gets 5 band 6s on average then you’d assume a 90 and so on. You can then just put these estimated marks into ATAR compass to get a ballpark estimate of what ATAR you’re headed towards. If this sounds too complicated, you can just post your rankings and schools’ band 6 counts for each subject onto bos and usually a helpful person will do it for you :)

You can also estimate your ATAR based on what exam marks you’re tracking for using my ATAR calculator. however, the caveat to this is that you need to have done an exam of similar difficulty of the hsc to put into my calculator, and it’s only an estimate of where you’re tracking right now - typically you’ll improve by hsc so your estimated exam marks will too. I would recommend leaving my calculator until after trials at least, since I’m assuming you’re probably not doing hsc/trial papers atm and even if you were, your scores in them will probably increase significantly by October

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)