• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how do you get "the V" (1 Viewer)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
cardio cardio cardio.....having a bodyfat % below 10 will get it.... also just some oblique exercises, just search on the net.... theres heaps of sites which show you how to do them and with pics..

heres my fav one for the obliuques...

btw.. thats not me.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If you're referring to the one just above your pants, it is caused by the inguinal ligament, or in other words the edge of the external oblique folding back over on itself.
If you mean the V shape of your back, look for activities to work latissimus dorsi.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
hipsta_jess said:
If you're referring to the one just above your pants, it is caused by the inguinal ligament, or in other words the edge of the external oblique folding back over on itself.
If you mean the V shape of your back, look for activities to work latissimus dorsi.
and also for the v back. exercises, that work teres major, traps, and delts....
hehe jess i take it you have done anatomy at uni?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
haha yes, unfortunately. teres major, aka 'the bra fat muscle' :p

lusername

HSC
thanks guys... i already have a fairly low body fat % and i can only see iot when i twist. better get into those exercises to enhance the definition so it can be seen all the time.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Try surfing, perhaps theres some correlation between the fact that almost all surfers have it, and their surfing.

If not, at least you'll get a damn sexy serratus anterior happening! :D

malkin86

HSC
playboy.. could be... salt water tends to reduce bacteria/viruses, etc. in general.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Um, sorry to ruin the party, but what is this "V" think you're referring to? Legs? Waist to shoulders? Some weird half-hourglass shape?

I do kung fu :D

P_D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
There tends to be two "v's" that men aspire to gain.

The main one is often seen on surfy types and is a raised section that makes a 'v' shape going into their boardies (see here (not a very good example, but you get the drift)).

The other less common one is the V of the back, which is pretty much coz unlike women, men don't have hips but instead have wider shoulders, so from behind (unless their fat) they have a 'v' shape happening (see here for a sorta kinda example, see how he makes kinda a 'v' shape between his shoulders and waist)

P_Dilemma

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
The other less common one is the V of the back, which is pretty much coz unlike women, men don't have hips but instead have wider shoulders, so from behind (unless their fat) they have a 'v' shape happening (see here for a sorta kinda example, see how he makes kinda a 'v' shape between his shoulders and waist)
is it the upside-down V or the rightside-up one coming from his crack?

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC

P_Dilemma

HSC
schiess, y didn't i think of that! Bruce Lee!

BTW, that's just his back muscles. Makes him look like a frickin' cobra when he does that. So, buffing up he lats is the key?

X

xeuyrawp

malkin86 said:
playboy.. could be... salt water tends to reduce bacteria/viruses, etc. in general.
Yes, also, the sun has a good effect, not to mention that surfing would reduce stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)