• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you prepare for an unseen Economics Essay? (2 Viewers)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Guys :)
So my half yearlies is coming up next term with multiple choice, short answers and an unseen essay question.
I know that the essay question is based on exchange rates, but how do I prepare for it?
Cos I'm so used to the teacher giving out the question beforehand, I honestly do not know what to do this time round.
Please help!

Any help is good help.
Thank you :)

deswa1

HSC
Is the policy of your teacher of giving out essay questions beforehand a common assessment task style at your school? To me it seems pretty stupid tbh given that in the HSC you don't know what the question will be.

Anyway, back to the question -> make sure you know all the theory on exchange rates (influences on them, effects of exchange rates etc -> the question could be general or focus on just one of this). Then go over stats and examples on it because this is what differentiates an average essay from a great one. Know the trends in Australia's exchange rate. Then maybe just look at past HSC's and flick through the exchange rate questions and write a quick scaffold or something to show yourself that you know it? Good luck

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Is the policy of your teacher of giving out essay questions beforehand a common assessment task style at your school? To me it seems pretty stupid tbh given that in the HSC you don't know what the question will be.

Anyway, back to the question -> make sure you know all the theory on exchange rates (influences on them, effects of exchange rates etc -> the question could be general or focus on just one of this). Then go over stats and examples on it because this is what differentiates an average essay from a great one. Know the trends in Australia's exchange rate. Then maybe just look at past HSC's and flick through the exchange rate questions and write a quick scaffold or something to show yourself that you know it? Good luck
Thanks! :)
Yeahhs, it was common throughout the whole of year 11 for economic essays, so it was different when the teacher told us it would be unseen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)