• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how do you prepare for Year 10 science VALID?? is it hard? (1 Viewer)

zyra

HSC
i've got VALID coming up and i dont know how to study for it since it covers year 9 and 10 content. apart from doing the sample test, is there anything else i need to do to prepare? i'm scared it will be rlly hard.

iloveeggs

HSC
valid is easy wtf. nobody ik has ever studied for it

iloveeggs

HSC
i've got VALID coming up and i dont know how to study for it since it covers year 9 and 10 content. apart from doing the sample test, is there anything else i need to do to prepare? i'm scared it will be rlly hard.
its usually really general ngl it doesn't require you to recall specific info. if they want you to use something specific they will give you info on the page to use. if you did the sample test you'll be fine ngl

floorboardtiles

HSC
girl you do not need to worry about valid, as long as you know the basics you're perfect. don't stress about it

papayafruit

HSC
its usually really general ngl it doesn't require you to recall specific info. if they want you to use something specific they will give you info on the page to use. if you did the sample test you'll be fine ngl
heyy im in yr 8 and i just wanna know how the marks come up for valid science 8 and 10 (8 is not optional) like is it top 10, 15, 30% or is it just raw marks

iloveeggs

HSC
heyy im in yr 8 and i just wanna know how the marks come up for valid science 8 and 10 (8 is not optional) like is it top 10, 15, 30% or is it just raw marks
no clue bro we never got results back they were just incorporated into our yearly science mark in y7-10 in my school

iloveeggs

HSC
im not 100% sure but im sure its not that deep and its hard to fail unless you haven't been paying attention in class at all and basically know nothing abt high school science

Solarised

HSC
Look this is a completely honest reply. I hate science subjects and have done none in the hsc. For the valid tests I didn't even bother to even go into what it was. Man that thing was so damn easy I practically aced it. Do not stress over it, most of it ain't even hard science fr

papayafruit

HSC
Look this is a completely honest reply. I hate science subjects and have done none in the hsc. For the valid tests I didn't even bother to even go into what it was. Man that thing was so damn easy I practically aced it. Do not stress over it, most of it ain't even hard science fr
oh okay, also by chance did u get ur marks back then

jane1820

HSC
My yr 8 marks were like old naplan results
There was an arrow one for total and then one for each section (extended response etc) the highest is level 6 n a triangle on top
High level 4 - bottom level 5 is the total average for yr 8s in 2022 (based on memory cant be bothered checking)
N there is a detailed explanation as to why u didnt and did achieve a certain band
The exact question u got wrong (for me it was a density question so they wrote something like “the density question relating to peas that explores …… was answered incorrectly by …. …… since they chose this answer showcasing they either didn’t understand it or solved it wrong” - not exactly like that but u get the glimpse)

n there is a table at the top showing the percentages of all students across the state who achieved what (eg. 5.34% achieved level 5)

n finally there is a general comment as to what u can improve on n what other yr 8 students need to work on
(Also its like naplan: ur mark, schools average, states average but the “middle 60% - thing” is a table instead)

i hope thats clear?

papayafruit

HSC
My yr 8 marks were like old naplan results
There was an arrow one for total and then one for each section (extended response etc) the highest is level 6 n a triangle on top
High level 4 - bottom level 5 is the total average for yr 8s in 2022 (based on memory cant be bothered checking)
N there is a detailed explanation as to why u didnt and did achieve a certain band
The exact question u got wrong (for me it was a density question so they wrote something like “the density question relating to peas that explores …… was answered incorrectly by …. …… since they chose this answer showcasing they either didn’t understand it or solved it wrong” - not exactly like that but u get the glimpse)

n there is a table at the top showing the percentages of all students across the state who achieved what (eg. 5.34% achieved level 5)

n finally there is a general comment as to what u can improve on n what other yr 8 students need to work on
(Also its like naplan: ur mark, schools average, states average but the “middle 60% - thing” is a table instead)

i hope thats clear?
oh okay tysm!!

igor9

HSC
bruv year 8 damn bro gtfo this study forum and enjoy life while u can go play fucking fortnite or smth. just life advice bro dw too much rn and enjoy ur life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)