• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do you study Japanese? (1 Viewer)

sworntosecrecy

HSC
I'm about to start year 11 soon, and I was wondering how other people have tackled Japanese Continuers and Ext. as a subject and a language.
What other subjects did you do for the HSC?

I find that i'm not exposed as much as to speaking in Japanese as to writing, reading and listening. Have any suggestions?

HSC
I did Japanese Cont. a couple of years back.

I think its just practice, keep up with all the vocab, kanji, sentence patterns etc, as soon as you learn something incorporate it as much as you can so you don't forget it.

Whatever you do...DO NOT fall behind!

James747

HSC
Basically try to get as much exposure to Japanese as you can. Read your vocab every night, practise writing etc, pretty straightforward.. just make sure u hav a use it frequently

summerain

HSC
you dont have to study every single night but look over your work at least once a week and learn a page of vocab and kanji for each week. i'm doing my hsc this year and for about 4months i've been writing a new essay each week and my writing is a whole lot better. there's a pretty big jump from year 11 to year12 in continuers so try speaking in japanese aloud 24/7^^ people might look at you funny but its great practice.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
I learnt Japanese in Year 8 and it was really fun. But before that, I already knew Japanese from watching anime. You should expose yourself to Japanese things like newspapers and tv shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)