• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How does Ext.2 Eng Work? (1 Viewer)

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
well im in year 11 now.. and yeh..

i jus wanna kno like how it works.. like.. if i do 13 units..
will i hafta take classes before/after skool.. or is it like not take classes at all and jus do the major work. -_-"

and um.. yeh.. is the ext2 mark like completely a major work and nothing else? cos i duno anyone in year 12 that done ext2 bfor.. cos my skool is pretty azn.. --":mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

zerzillia

i do 13 units right now.
long story involve my choices and units and all that, but to cut it short, we do eng ext2 at school after school. basically when people said they wanted to do it, the teachers and students have a get-together and discuss a good time for everyone. since it will be a small class i am guessing before or after school or maybe even at lunch times.
it's a one unit subject unlike maths 4u, so don't worry, it won't take too much of your school time. but beware it does require alot of research so you will be visiting the library when you're finding resources.

eng ext 2 mark...
internal mark: on your assessments, i tried to put this in order: proposal -> viva voce -> report
they are the major ones
external mark: on your submitted major work and reflection statement
so if you are talking about what you send to the hsc marking centre, it's your major work + reflection statement + journal.
you will need to send your journal with your finished product but it's not marked.

hopefully that answers your question!
if not, you can always ask your english teacher. your advanced or eng ext1 teacher should know. *nods*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
just for the record, ext2 isn't always offline. for some strange reason, i have ext1 offline but not ext2, even though there's like 4 ext1 classes and only the one ext2 class. hmph.
edit: and at my mother's school, there's no ext2 'class' per se - her students meet with her when they need too. generally they email her drafts ideas etc a day or so in advance so she can look over it before the meeting.

but yeah, everything else zerzilla said was correct.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
hey thanx heaps...

im pretty sure i will do ext2 english then.. but viva voice thing is a speech right?.. i hate speeches.. ><"

im the shyest guy like ever.. ><"

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Like glycerine brought up, it really depends on your school. Our ext 2 group is tiny so we all have a class once a week during our free periods to do progress checks.. Because we have a small group, our vivas were a discussion with our course co-ordinator. I did mine this week, very relaxed, just an active discussion.

zerzillia

don't worry about viva voce.....if you are passionate enough about your major work, you'll pull through! :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
A viva voce is more like an interview than a speech. You either face one teacher or a panel and answer question about your MW which may or may not have been given to you in advance.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
note: just because a school is pretty asian doesn't mean there isn't the potential for good english extension 2 students.

our school, we meet up with the teacher once in a while and she has a look at the log book and checks it etc. our viva was really relaxed, its more like a chat than a speech.

i'd suggest people only take ee2 if they have a story to tell, they love writing poetry/scripts or that they are passionate about related to english ie. Critical Response. If you think you are going to be stuck writing at length about something, then you should perhaps reconsider. Have a look at some of the major works posted on this site for ideas and at the Young Writers Showcase from 01, 02 and 03 for freakishly good ones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)